Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2019 Moomba max can not get good push

I bought a 2019 moomba max with all the upgrades. The wave looks amazing curling and all but can not find the push. My kids are 100lbs and they find it for maybe 5-10 seconds but I am 200lbs and can never find it. I can get up cut in and out with rope but can not drop. Rode behind a super air nautique and dropped no problem.

Do I need to get more ballast from wake makers? Will the extra 1200 bags be enough?

If you can’t find the push on a Max there is something catastrophically wrong.

You sure you aren’t riding too far back on your board?

More ballast is always better, but what’s your ballast setup now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Stock 1000 bags in rear and 1000 in front. I have to remove air every time I fill the bags bc of not about 20 percent just fill with air.

Plus every time I use autowake it just flattens the wave

Adding midship bags will be a game changer. There are several different options from wakemakers.

- Buy the Wakemakers 2020 Moomba Max Rear Bags that are 1300 pounds and move your current rear bags to the midship.
    Now you will have 1300lbs in each rear corner and 1000lbs mid ship. You will have plenty of potential weight to work with.

- Buy the Wakemakers 2019 Moomba Max upgrade kit. It includes 1200lb rear bags and 540lb midship if I remember correctly. This would be the most expensive option because you are replacing the rear 1000lb bags that you can no longer use.

- Keep your current rear bags and buy the Wakemakers Custom 720lb bags and they fit perfect midship.

It also really all depends if you have the rear locker trays or not. The wakemakers rear locker bags are too tall to use the drop in storage trays.

If I was starting fresh on my 2019 Max boat I would do the first option. Buy the 2020 Max 1300lb bags and move the current rear bags to the midship. Then I wouldn't have to worry about adding additional weight.

Any of the options will be good and be a major improvement.

There are several threads and posts that can help you get on the right track including this one that helped me tremendously in the beginning. https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....urder-Max-Mods
    Last edited by htfit; 06-09-2020 at 11:16 PM.
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by htfit View Post
    Adding midship bags will be a game changer. There are several different options from wakemakers.

- Buy the Wakemakers 2020 Moomba Max Rear Bags that are 1300 pounds and move your current rear bags to the midship.
    Now you will have 1300lbs in each rear corner and 1000lbs mid ship. You will have plenty of potential weight to work with.

- Buy the Wakemakers 2019 Moomba Max upgrade kit. It includes 1200lb rear bags and 540lb midship if I remember correctly. This would be the most expensive option because you are replacing the rear 1000lb bags that you can no longer use.

- Keep your current rear bags and buy the Wakemakers Custom 720lb bags and they fit perfect midship.

It also really all depends if you have the rear locker trays or not. The wakemakers rear locker bags are too tall to use the drop in storage trays.

If I was starting fresh on my 2019 Max boat I would do the first option. Buy the 2020 Max 1300lb bags and move the current rear bags to the midship. Then I wouldn't have to worry about adding additional weight.

Any of the options will be good and be a major improvement.

There are several threads and posts that can help you get on the right track including this one that helped me tremendously in the beginning. https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....urder-Max-Mods

Hey there....I like your option 1 idea.....espicially being that I ordered the upgrade package and its back ordered for 3 weeks. I read the thread link and they discuss the 720's and I look at the web site for the 1300's......to be honest, after all the reading and vents and back flows......I am confused and not sure if its a easy set up or hard.

Maybe its just too early for me to think about it....and maybe not enough coffee yet, but I thought this idea of keeping the 1000's and putting mid ship could be a good idea.

I wish someone could draw a diagram of the set up so its more straightforward forward to view. Have you seen anything like this?

Thank you for your help
    D
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO

All of the Wakemakers kits for the Max are 1,345 rear bags, or at least they are these days on their site. When you option for 2018 or 2019 it says 1,885 lbs per side. When you do the same for the 2020 Max it says 1.345 per side because I believe they assume you’ve optioned your Max with the optional 500 lb midship bags.

Yes definitely upgrade your ballast because the boat needs more weight to sink and displace enough water to make anwwve have push. I had the same issue at 230 lbs and now we have push from the additional Wakemakers ballast.

As for the overflow vent on the midship, it’s not mandatory as I don’t currently have it on mine but it will likely make the pumps happier and allow the bags to fill easier and eliminate the need to burp the midship bags.

We don’t use autowake for surfing. I haven’t tried it with the new ballast but when we did try it with the stock ballast the wave wasn’t that great. Yes the thing was calibrated. Autowake is not quite what the name implies and it’s more of a tool to use for verifying you’re angles once you manually setup a wake you like you turn on autowake to see the pitch and roll angles and then you turn it off. Then you go into the settings and enter those values so next time in theory it can make the same wave. Read through the long autowake thread to understand it better. I think autowake works so long as you have enough weight in the boat either by people or ballast. Stock ballast and a light crew it doesn’t work great or st least for us and many others it seems.

As far as the bag install and diagrams there are some on here. Just search “Max ballast” and you should run across them. I have posted diagrams and others have too. I have a video of the install as well which will give you an idea what to do whether you use WM midship or reuse the factory ones. https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....-install-video

Here is a thread with some diagrams https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....last-Questions
    Last edited by haknslash; 06-10-2020 at 08:30 AM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by nfelus17 View Post
    Plus every time I use autowake it just flattens the wave
    Many Max owners found autowake dumping too much ballast, turn it off unless your boat is full of people.
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    All of the Wakemakers kits for the Max are 1,345 rear bags, or at least they are these days on their site. When you option for 2018 or 2019 it says 1,885 lbs per side. When you do the same for the 2020 Max it says 1.345 per side because I believe they assume you’ve optioned your Max with the optional 500 lb midship bags.

Yes definitely upgrade your ballast because the boat needs more weight to sink and displace enough water to make anwwve have push. I had the same issue at 230 lbs and now we have push from the additional Wakemakers ballast.

As for the overflow vent on the midship, it’s not mandatory as I don’t currently have it on mine but it will likely make the pumps happier and allow the bags to fill easier and eliminate the need to burp the midship bags.

We don’t use autowake for surfing. I haven’t tried it with the new ballast but when we did try it with the stock ballast the wave wasn’t that great. Yes the thing was calibrated. Autowake is not quite what the name implies and it’s more of a tool to use for verifying you’re angles once you manually setup a wake you like you turn on autowake to see the pitch and roll angles and then you turn it off. Then you go into the settings and enter those values so next time in theory it can make the same wave. Read through the long autowake thread to understand it better. I think autowake works so long as you have enough weight in the boat either by people or ballast. Stock ballast and a light crew it doesn’t work great or st least for us and many others it seems.

As far as the bag install and diagrams there are some on here. Just search “Max ballast” and you should run across them. I have posted diagrams and others have too. I have a video of the install as well which will give you an idea what to do whether you use WM midship or reuse the factory ones. https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....-install-video

Here is a thread with some diagrams https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....last-Questions
    Why is the (blue) overflow on the main rear bag so low? I would think it would be better to mount it to the top otherwise it’ll never completely fill the rear bag per this diagram.

2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Why is the (blue) overflow on the main rear bag so low? I would think it would be better to mount it to the top otherwise it’ll never completely fill the rear bag per this diagram.

It is low because that is the factory position of the overflow. Factory uses vent caps at the top of the bag that slowly release the air. I would imagine they did that setup to eliminate hoses sitting on top of the bag.

I personally moved the vent line to the top of the bag which I think makes more logical sense. The only issue I ran into is when you have really tall bags the vent hose can get trapped between the bag and the side of the locker while filling. I had a vent hose pop off because it got pinched.

But I reran the vent hose and tied it with zips ties more in the center so it doesnt get caught between the side of the boat and the bag.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max