Default Wakemakers Helix Rear Ballast Upgrade Issues

The bags I received from wakemakers (1030 pounds) have 3 holes in them. My helix stock bags have 3 holes but one of the 3 is just a bleed valve with a screw in plug. when I called Wakemakers they asked me which ballast I have the 3 pump or the G6 with the 6 pumps. Skiers choice has told me the G6 is not available on the helix, I am now wondering if they built/sent me the wrong bags . There is no way to plug the second vent overflow hole it has no threads, wake makers says they are sending me a screw in cap to plug the additional overflow hole but I can’t imagine how it would attach without any threads. ??!

Default Wakemakers Helix Rear Ballast Upgrade Issues

All the holes in your bags are threaded. Not sure what the dilemma is. One hole for fill, one hole for overflow and the 3rd is usually a screw in plug.

There’s no way you have a hole in your bag that is not threaded unless it’s a massive defect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

OK, the person I was with yesterday was certain that the holes had no threads but sounds like he is mistaken. I wish I would’ve brought one of the bags back with me to look at it now. I appreciate your quick response, I will update next time I’m out there

But this occurs to me: if those holes are the same size why wouldn't the 3rd bleed valve cap from the original stock bag fit? It did not it was too big. I guess the holes are not the same as the stock holes? I’m concerned because after I ran into the problem and called wakemakers they asked me if I had the 3 pump ballast or the g6 , explaining that helix models after 2018 have the g6. Skiers choice says it’s not available on any helix models including 2020. I don’t think it’s as cut and dried as you say but hope you’re correct.
    Last edited by Bch53211; 06-09-2020 at 02:15 PM.

You may need a different plug than what is used in the stock bags. Could be that if you bought the bags that wakemakers makes themselves (stock are Fly High FATSAC), the threads might be different. But they sure as shit are ALL threaded. How else would you connect anything to them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Not sure what you mean you don’t connect them to the ballast lines by screwing anything, you slide the male end of the ballast line into the bag hole and secure it with the red clip

Ok the fix at was simple but no one at wakemakers told me initially. The ports have inserts that can be taken out then the plug can be screwed in . Really happy with wave now, what a difference the extra 800 lbs in the rear makes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

What bags did you order? Winemakers said they are like 2 months from having the rear bags for a 2020. Dont wanna wait.
    2020 Moomba Helix