Default 2007 mobius lsv stereo system upgrade help

hey all, picking up a new to me 2007 Moomba mobius lsv, it has no tower speakers and just stock boat speakers and deck. im probably going to order a pair of 10inch wet sound tower speakers, I also want to add a 10 or 12 inch subwoofer under cockpit, also depending on the speakers that are currently installed I might swap out the four 6.5 it has. now I have no problem installing things or running wires. but I don't know how many amps I would need. any help would be greatly appreciated. also pictures if you have any on your setups.

I don't know nearly as much as others about stereo stuff, but most have 3 amps. One for the tower speakers, one for the sub, and one for the cabin speakers.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    I don't know nearly as much as others about stereo stuff, but most have 3 amps. One for the tower speakers, one for the sub, and one for the cabin speakers.
    So you can get away with two amps for that. I have 2 sets of rev10s running off of 1 SD2 and a 6 cabin speakers and a sub running off of an SD6. It really depends on how much sub power you want.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I want bass.. sounds like I may need a 3rd amp

It seems over the past 2-3 years most of the newer boats from any brand are coming with top end stereo equipment from the factory. I have been on a couple wakeboard forums and a couple boat forums for the last 10 years or so and it seems a lot of these boats are being purchased by people that would rather pay and have this done by factory. The conversations are seemingly more geared towards boards and ballast nowadays. Not trying to be negative, just the way I see it.

That being said, I am sure you will get a few good replies as this group usually comes through. But, you may want to go back and look through the audio section of the forum. I linked a couple topics from the first 4 pages, but there is a ton of info in there that may help you as many people have had similar questions. Another thing is you may just want to scroll through the forum page by page and look for topics as the search function can be finicky sometimes.

And to answer your original question, I have two amps. One running two Roswell tower speakers and on running 4 in boat speakers. So, like someone said above you may want to run a third for your sub, but you could probably get by with just the two.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....stereo-upgrade

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....-swivel-clamps

Quote Originally Posted by contra1833 View Post
    I want bass.. sounds like I may need a 3rd amp
    I would approach it from a "how many amp chnls do I need" rather then just how many amp. Choose the woofer, choose the tower speakers and then plan for the future in-boat speaker upgrade. At that point, the amps kind of fall into place.

I would consider adding in a 3rd pair of in-boats, either now, or in the future, especially if you go with higher output woofer setup. This will let you get the most out of the woofer without over running the in-boats.

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    It seems over the past 2-3 years most of the newer boats from any brand are coming with top end stereo equipment from the factory. I have been on a couple wakeboard forums and a couple boat forums for the last 10 years or so and it seems a lot of these boats are being purchased by people that would rather pay and have this done by factory. The conversations are seemingly more geared towards boards and ballast nowadays. Not trying to be negative, just the way I see it.

That being said, I am sure you will get a few good replies as this group usually comes through. But, you may want to go back and look through the audio section of the forum. I linked a couple topics from the first 4 pages, but there is a ton of info in there that may help you as many people have had similar questions. Another thing is you may just want to scroll through the forum page by page and look for topics as the search function can be finicky sometimes.

And to answer your original question, I have two amps. One running two Roswell tower speakers and on running 4 in boat speakers. So, like someone said above you may want to run a third for your sub, but you could probably get by with just the two.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....stereo-upgrade

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....-swivel-clamps
    I tried the search feature but it was acting up. I’m scrolling low looking for led set ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    I would approach it from a "how many amp chnls do I need" rather then just how many amp. Choose the woofer, choose the tower speakers and then plan for the future in-boat speaker upgrade. At that point, the amps kind of fall into place.

I would consider adding in a 3rd pair of in-boats, either now, or in the future, especially if you go with higher output woofer setup. This will let you get the most out of the woofer without over running the in-boats.
    Thank you. I’ll be ordering a pair of wet sounds rev 10s this weekend. My boat currently doesn’t have any tower speakers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk