Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trailer Bunks

Default Trailer Bunks

Ok guys ...anyone have a good way of replacing there bunks with the boat ON the trailer . I dont live close to a lake where i can drop the boat in and leave it while redoing the bunks . Have search the ole INNERWEBS and cant find a way to lift the boat off enough to get this done . Has anyone done this or know how it can be done ?

Ive been thinking about this too. I was just going to put a jack on top of the trailer rails and lift it up just a tad to slide the old one out. Im not sure if thats easier said than done....Im open for suggestion too, I need to replace a rotten bunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Branden967 View Post
    Ive been thinking about this too. I was just going to put a jack on top of the trailer rails and lift it up just a tad to slide the old one out. Im not sure if thats easier said than done....Im open for suggestion too, I need to replace a rotten bunk.
    I use a jack and peices of wood with some carpet to protect the hull. Raise the boat just enough to slide the bunk out. Make sure you jack it securely and make sure it's stable. I raise the bow with the trailer jack, then place some large blocking under the bow, then lower the trailer jack. Do the same on the rear.
    Last edited by parrothd; 06-08-2020 at 04:04 PM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

this is what i did and it worked great.

https://www.auroramarine.com/main/as...e-boat-bottom/
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    this is what i did and it worked great.

https://www.auroramarine.com/main/as...e-boat-bottom/
    Wow that worked huh ? Seems laying it on the blocks would be sketchy to me !! But hey if it works right !! Will give that a go ! Awesome thanks for the link buddy appreciate it

No boat launch and dock to tie up. It takes 10 minutes to change them out.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

just did my bunks a couple of weeks ago. went to ramp on a thursday morning at 7am. left boat tied up to the dock at the launch. took an hour to do all 6.

looking at that website, no way I would ever lay under a boat supported by cinder blocks. just because something works doesn't mean it's the right way
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    just did my bunks a couple of weeks ago. went to ramp on a thursday morning at 7am. left boat tied up to the dock at the launch. took an hour to do all 6.

looking at that website, no way I would ever lay under a boat supported by cinder blocks. just because something works doesn't mean it's the right way
    This!!!! As long as you are prepared with the right tools, either send a family member to take a lap in the boat while you swap bunks or find a launch where you can anchor off to the side while you get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

oh, there were a few sketchy moments where i was a little uncomfortable for sure. I always left the trailer in place just in case. Doing it at the lake is so much easier for sure. Helped my buddy do his at the lake last year and it was a million times easier, but if you're in a pinch this does work.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

What kind of carpet are you using to cover them?
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    4100lbs. ENZO's, Center Tank, IBS
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    Surf Prop: OJ 945
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8