Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Time and money... Some of my grandiose ideas were a bit too grandiose. Apparently doing surgery with a sawzall and increasing the height of the hull is too much work and adding a turbo kit would melt the sidewalls of the rear compartments due to clearance issues...

Just waiting to get my bimini back from the shop still - they are swamped now after being closed for a while. And waiting for some dry/warm weather to do some trailer painting.

What else is on your list? You know you've already started another one....
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

awesome job, looks great. Did you sew the vinyl or have a shop do it?
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    awesome job, looks great. Did you sew the vinyl or have a shop do it?
    I took everything apart and delivered just the tired skins to a local guy, let him color match, purchase, apply backing foam, and sew together. I then put them back together. I saved ~$2k according to him by doing it this way. I was happy, he was happy (busy time of year for him, simple sew job this way).

I looked into getting a machine that could do it but I would have had more in the machine and material than I paid him so...
    2008 OBV
    325 EFI with closed cooling
    Gravity III with 750's in the rear, 400 stock floor, 750 IBS
    Servo valve ballast upgrade
    Wetsounds Rev10
    JL Amps, WS420BT

2000 Outback LS <-- Sold!!!
    310 Carb Direct Drive
    800# Rear Locker
    750# IBS (should have kept this for the OBV)
    Dual Batteries with 2 Bank Charger System
    Kenwood Head with Remotes
    Too many hours restoring exterior from prior negligence to count!

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Time and money... Some of my grandiose ideas were a bit too grandiose. Apparently doing surgery with a sawzall and increasing the height of the hull is too much work and adding a turbo kit would melt the sidewalls of the rear compartments due to clearance issues...

Just waiting to get my bimini back from the shop still - they are swamped now after being closed for a while. And waiting for some dry/warm weather to do some trailer painting.

What else is on your list? You know you've already started another one....
    I still had the front 2 speakers to re-carpet behind (this is done as of last night), new sub is being delivered sometime this weekend but this should be simply plug and play. Only other thing I really planned to do was add RGB's to my Rev 10's, but I plan to DIY that too - WS price on that kit leaves me for what it consists of.

I would love to paint my trailer black to match the boat and get rid of the galvanized look, maybe once my building is done so I can lift the boat off the trailer properly. That's my next 'boat project', finishing my 30' x 40' garage that I am building myself. Pouring concrete and studding out walls in the next few weeks.

I need that building done by winter so I can A) safely store my boat element free and B) be able to have a high bay to pull the engine to replace the oil pan that the previous owner's shop ruined (I didn't know about it until 2 weeks ago)

This 3" bolt should have only been allowed to be about 2"!!! I cut it down, black RTV'd the offending damage (hope it holds rest of season) then I'll pull the motor to replace properly.
    2008 OBV
    325 EFI with closed cooling
    Gravity III with 750's in the rear, 400 stock floor, 750 IBS
    Servo valve ballast upgrade
    Wetsounds Rev10
    JL Amps, WS420BT

2000 Outback LS <-- Sold!!!
    310 Carb Direct Drive
    800# Rear Locker
    750# IBS (should have kept this for the OBV)
    Dual Batteries with 2 Bank Charger System
    Kenwood Head with Remotes
    Too many hours restoring exterior from prior negligence to count!

Looks great!
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

That is exactly what I had planned out in my head for a walk through when I still had my LSV..... Very well thought out and excellent execution!!

2012 Mobius LSV (Sold)
    2020 Mojo