Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Surf Plate actuator and wiring

My center surf plate actuator went bad. It will go to 100 % down but make it back to 0% without me pushing it, as the motor turns. I’m still trying to get my boat warranty transferred, but Aqua Sport Marine will not return my phone calls or emails. We don’t surf goofy. How easy will it be to swap actuators? I found were the wires go and hook into the control box. It’s the duestch connector I’m not familiar with. Also when pulling the wire through the hull mounting bracket, how do I reseal after swapping?

I called lenco too, and left a message as the actuator, should still be under their warranty.

Also in the top of the pic, what does this yellow connector go to usually, it has yellow and green wires?
    8D5E09AE-6785-49B1-BEB9-3518E11197ED.jpg
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    4100lbs. ENZO's, Center Tank, IBS
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    Surf Prop: OJ 945
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

Just submitted a warranty claim with Lenco.

Still curious what the green and yellow connector is.
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

Any updates? My Starboard side surf plate actuator is bad. Screen indicates it deploys and I can hear the gears turning, but plate doesn't go anywhere. Thankfully its stuck in Zero position so I can use boat, but cannot surf Port side. Curious if there are any videos on how to change? My dealer is a month and half back logged, and not found anyone else yet that wants to take it on. 2018 Mojo. Part is under warranty and on order.

Lenco is very easy to work with. You use their website. Submit a claim and upload your bill of sale. They then send you an RMA for you to send the actuator in. I haven’t sent in yet. We are going to use the boat this weekend. I’ll take actuator off next week and send in. My dealer has never called me back. I contacted Skiers Choice and they have reached out. It was fairly easy process, as far as paperwork. Taking the actuator off, may be a different story.
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

Thanks for reply. Part was easy, getting it installed is the issue. My dealer is 1.5 months back logged, minimal staff during Covid coupled with high boating ratios put them way behind. My ask was more to now what? Part on its way, but have you-or anyone-tried it DIY? Looking for a video or tutorial on what the process looks like.

I’m going to do it myself when I get the part. From the looks of it. You unplug it, take off the waterproof marine connector. Undo the 3 screws. Pull away from the boat. Remove wire.

Install would be in reverse, except cleaning any marine epoxy off and apply some more to seal it.

Lmk if you get to yours first. I’ll snap some pics of mine.
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

Right on, thanks.

Any updates to this? I am having similar issues with starboard tab for port side surfing. It got stuck last evening heading back in, i flipped the surf switch a few times and it finally adjusted. Today we we were out it wouldnt work at all. Monitor showed it moving, could hear it trying to move but I stuck my hand down and it wasn't moving. I imagine it needs replaced so any how to videos you guys were able to do from the past?

Thanks in advance.
    Devin,
    2018 Moomba Mojo

I had it replaced by the dealer. I was already taking the boat there. I think the job would have been easy. Only challenge would have been adding the plug back on to the wire once you reroute it from the install.

Quote Originally Posted by devin494 View Post
    Any updates to this? I am having similar issues with starboard tab for port side surfing. It got stuck last evening heading back in, i flipped the surf switch a few times and it finally adjusted. Today we we were out it wouldnt work at all. Monitor showed it moving, could hear it trying to move but I stuck my hand down and it wasn't moving. I imagine it needs replaced so any how to videos you guys were able to do from the past?

Thanks in advance.
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

I just ordered the new actuator. I’m hoping to use the top cap that has the wire connectors. Anyone have experience or results like this? I don’t want to remove the wiring all the way through the hull and have to reseal thAt hole but I also don’t want to burn out the new actuator if taking the top cap off is going to ruin the factory seal. I’ll try and take some pictures tomorrow for reference. But ya seems fairly simple just looking for anyone else’s trial and error before hand lol
    Devin,
    2018 Moomba Mojo