Default Moomba Resale Question

So I'm still on the hunt for answers with the boat show approaching. Someone told me that Moombas have a lower resale value than most. i.e. Mastercraft.

Also I was told to buy a 1-3 year old boat rather than a new one. Any advice or answers on this??

Thanks

It is nice to have the new boat warranty when you buy new.As for the resale value,I hopefully never have to sell my LSV.Just my .02.Good luck with your decision.
    P.S for what you pay for a "used" M/C you could have a "new" Moomba with the same drive train.
    John

Yes, Moombas do have a lower resale value than other tournament style boats. The only reason they do is because they are significantly less expensive when new. Don't believe all the hype you hear about them not holding their resale value. The percentage of value they hold is just as good as any other boat of this type.

I've been watching - lowdrag is correct. Could be that % wise they hold up a little better.

I've owned a lot of boats. I've had a lot of trips wrecked by used boats with problems as a kid. As a result my dad hated boating.

I buy new.

SD2

Pike,

Make sure you test drive the boats. See if you can find $10,000 difference in the Moomba vs. the MasterCraft. It's your money and your happiness. As for resale, I'll bet that is easier to get 75% of $35,000 than it is to get 75% of 50,000.

Actually I did the math and the research, Moomba's hold up better than almost any other brand. They retain a higher percentage of their new cost. It is all pretty close actually, but when you have a 60,000 boat, it can sell for $54 the next year, and still be the same as the 30,000 moomba selling for 27,000.

Tow boats in general hold their value pretty well. Especially the first 3 years.

-J

Thank you all very much for the info. I feel much better about purchasing a Moomba. Going on my test drive tomorrow....1st time on a Moomba!! Cant wait!!!

Thanks again