Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Max Bag Buster Review

2019 MAx

Just ordered the upgrade Bag Buster from Wakemakers for my Max. Since its Sunday...and I still have time to cancel.....I thought I would see what people think of this swap out.

Was it worth it? Did it make the wave better than the stock?

I am getting sick of moving weight around and just want to fill and drain and have everything hidden. Wife and kids are getting on me about weight bags....fill bag in boat etc.

So I went ahead and ordered it.

Feedback would be great.....also they had no size specs. Not sure if its going to fill rear compartments Full. and sides full or half way. Hopefully there is some storage left!

Thank you

Yes it's worth it. I recently did the upgrade to my Max and wave is night and day better. I couldn't get push in the stock wave and now I have push. Midship locker gets pretty much filled up with just a few inches to spare once bags are filled. The rear lockers have plenty of storage space still left once filled. I was manually filling extra bag last year and it got old quick, so I'm happy to be back to flipping a switch and it fills. I will probably add an overflow vent to the midship bags because they get air in them and you have to manually bleed (I don't care fork the Wakemakers 'vent' caps). Bags filled in about 13 minutes with G6 ballast and drained in about 12 minutes. The upgrade is totally worth it though and glad I finally have it in the boat.

You can see in the beginning of my video how much space is left in the lockers once filled https://youtu.be/VKKOpBDefdw
    Last edited by haknslash; 06-06-2020 at 08:28 AM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Yes it's worth it. I recently did the upgrade to my Max and wave is night and day better. I couldn't get push in the stock wave and now I have push. Midship locker gets pretty much filled up with just a few inches to spare once bags are filled. The rear lockers have plenty of storage space still left once filled. I was manually filling extra bag last year and it got old quick, so I'm happy to be back to flipping a switch and it fills. I will probably add an overflow vent to the midship bags because they get air in them and you have to manually bleed (I don't care fork the Wakemakers 'vent' caps). Bags filled in about 13 minutes with G6 ballast and drained in about 12 minutes. The upgrade is totally worth it though and glad I finally have it in the boat.

You can see in the beginning of my video how much space is left in the lockers once filled https://youtu.be/VKKOpBDefdw
    Ok sweet.....first review is a great.....now I am feeling better about the $

Ive yet to see anyone regret buying it
    2019' Moomba Max

for half the cost could also just buy mid ship bags or buy rear bags and move the original rear bags to midship.
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    for half the cost could also just buy mid ship bags or buy rear bags and move the original rear bags to midship.
    This is true. Im using my stocks for mids. I sold the wavemaker mids. I think the 2020 upgrade package only comes with rears.
    2019' Moomba Max

Does anybody have a picture of the new wakemakers 1345lb Max rear bags filled up?

I want to see if there is any room left for storage when they are full.

I am really debating upgrading to the 1345 bags and eliminating the lead in my boat but really hesitant on getting rid of the storage bins.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by htfit View Post
    Does anybody have a picture of the new wakemakers 1345lb Max rear bags filled up?

I want to see if there is any room left for storage when they are full.

I am really debating upgrading to the 1345 bags and eliminating the lead in my boat but really hesitant on getting rid of the storage bins.

Thanks!

Midship

Rear

2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Midship

Rear

Awesome! Thank you. Hmmm... I actually think I may be able to keep the storage trays in there.

I was originally thinking the bags went all the way to the top but there is still quite a bit of room.

- Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

I'm not sure how many inches are left. I need to measure that as you're not the first person who's wondering if the trays still fit. Some people say they do, others say no and then a few say one side fits but not the other. Go figure . I am not sure on depth of your trays but we have the Exile ball fenders and I probably have them inflated to 17-18" and they still fit in there with bags full.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold