Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Adding lead in the rear

Question is this:

I have weight 6 soft tool bags at 50lb each. I want to add them to the rear of my max. They have a zipper on the top and the rest is the tough cordera material (not sure if I spelled that right)

Do I place these under the bags and just let the 1000 stock bag sit on top? or could that pop it? or do I put a barrier between them (like a moving blanket or something?

Sounds silly, but I don't want to wreck the stock bag.

Any suggestions would be great

D
    2019 Max

Whenever you fill your cordura tool bags with 50lbs of X, do they lay relatively flat?

What are you filling them with? Steel shot, tire weights?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Whenever you fill your cordura tool bags with 50lbs of X, do they lay relatively flat?

What are you filling them with? Steel shot, tire weights?

not totally flat, but zipper closed and somewhat flat on top. Tire weights on most and tire chains in a few

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtnsurfer View Post
    not totally flat, but zipper closed and somewhat flat on top. Tire weights on most and tire chains in a few
    You should be good to place them under your bags as is. Depending on the material the weights & chains are made of, you may want to consider a plastic liner or ziplock bag inside the tool bag to eliminate any potential rust issues.

The one thing to consider is the height of the tool bags filled, which will likely raise the height of your bags and may or may not interfere with the rear Max storage trays....

Max guys chime in please, I don't know the OEM distance between the top of the bag and the bottom of the storage tray.

Under the bags in the corner I would assume would be the best location if the boat likes back weigtht. Def not on top. The bags are pretty tough as long as there is nothing sharp on the outside of the cord bags.

As RC said, I would have some type of heavy plastic bag/liner on the inside. Everything gets wet on a boat.
    2018 Supra SL400

You should be good to place them under your bags as is. Depending on the material the weights & chains are made of, you may want to consider a plastic liner or ziplock bag inside the tool bag to eliminate any potential rust issues.

The one thing to consider is the height of the tool bags filled, which will likely raise the height of your bags and may or may not interfere with the rear Max storage trays....

Max guys chime in please, I don't know the OEM distance between the top of the bag and the bottom of the storage tray.

Good idea on the plastic bag idea...didn't cross my mind. My thought was not to leave them in...since I trailer each time...didn't want to stress the boat out.

Hull depth in that compartment is like 4' deep.......my tool bags 7" and bag usually is a third of the way up full and no trays.....I think it will be ok.

Maybe I should put them more towards the bow, so its not interfering with the quick releases?

I really appreciate your help and feedback!

My thought was not to leave them in...since I trailer each time...didn't want to stress the boat out.

I really appreciate your help and feedback!
    You are only talking about 300 lbs, that's not gonna stress your trailer, even if you do a lot of trailering.

You are only talking about 300 lbs, that's not gonna stress your trailer, even if you do a lot of trailering.

thanks...last question....how much weight could I have in the rear and not worry of the boat stress....600lb?

Thanks again!

thanks...last question....how much weight could I have in the rear and not worry of the boat stress....600lb?

Thanks again!
    I regularly trailer 500lbs of lead and know many that comfortably trailer up to 750-1000 lbs.

What is key is where that weight is while your trailering. If your trailer gets too rear heavy, you could experience severe trailer sway and have an accident.

My lead is evenly distributed rear, mid and under bow cushion when trailering.

Thanks again!