Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2020 Moomba VS. Mastercraft

After looking at boats all spring, we have narrowed down our search to a new Moomba mojo, or Mastercraft NXT22. Price standpoint is roughly the same. We aren't serious in watersports, just having fun with friends and family. This will be my first personal boat so just wanting to pick the brains of experienced boat people.

Both are great boats. Since you are buying new the answer is easy - get to the dealers and demo both boats and make a decision for yourself.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

You will get more value for money $ for $ in the Moomba. The NXT is like Axis for Malibu...they cut corners and user cheaper vinyl with super basic designs and dumb down the cockpit
    Interface to save money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    You will get more value for money $ for $ in the Moomba. The NXT is like Axis for Malibu...they cut corners and user cheaper vinyl with super basic designs and dumb down the cockpit
    Interface to save money.

Honest question but isn't this the same as Moomba is to Supra?

Quote Originally Posted by AdamUCF View Post
    Honest question but isn't this the same as Moomba is to Supra?
    No. Moomba hulls/boats are completely different, but actually share a lot of other components. Moomba and Supra are two separate brands with unique boats to each.

Do yourself a favor. Go look at a Moomba, get in in check it out, look at the upholstery and then go look at the NXT or Axis and tell me which has the better fit and finish and appointments.

2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    No. Moomba hulls/boats are completely different, but actually share a lot of other components. Moomba and Supra are two separate brands with unique boats to each.

Do yourself a favor. Go look at a Moomba, get in in check it out, look at the upholstery and then go look at the NXT or Axis and tell me which has the better fit and finish and appointments.

I agree with Stazi, when buying my boat I could not afford a Supra (one day) or the other boats. When I looked at the ceaper options like axis and mastercraft. I noticed the quality issues right away. So I went with a moomba. Also skiers choice was the only boat company that had their designers on the forums talking about their surf system to help out their users. When I upgrade in the future it will defiantly be another skiers choice boat.
    2018 Craz, 3000lbs stock ballast, ENZOs, 500lb Lead Ballast, Still chasing the best wave!

We bought ours in 2017. Went to the boat show so we could compare everything. For us we saw a lot more plastic on the others. Wasn't even close in my mind. Moomba all the way.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

big orange is spot on in going to demo both and your family will come to the decision which one feels better. as you do tho ignore the sales pitch and pay attention to options included, how much plastic is in each boat, feel of not only the vinyl but the foam underneath, fit and finish of the panels, are the seams straight. overall feel of the quality of the boat. visit the service bay of each dealer and which one feels better. sales is a 1 time visit. service is where you will be spending your time after the sale. make sure you get a good feeling.

both companies sell a lot of boats each year and since you are asking on a moomba forum you know the opinions here will be toward that line. there are just as many on here that have demo'ed both and in a moomba as there are that have demo'ed both and are in an nxt.

fwiw my monies given the 2 would be moomba every time. in the value boat segment moomba has some solid boats....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Our dealer sells both Mastercraft and moomba/supra, we looked at both boats you're talking about. I was surprised at the difference between the two. Mojo all day long for us, but I'd never fault someone who bought a Mastercraft, you'll be happy with that too.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315

I really want to love mastercrafts and loved everything about the X series when shopping.......but I just can’t get past the ugly ass towers they offer. It was a deal breaker.

That said, the rest of the X series is so nice and the Xstar interior is outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan