Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I already owned a Mastercraft when I began looking for a second to add the dock. I looked hard at many of the brands including Mastercraft before getting our 2020 Mojo. I didn’t even lake test the NXT after seeing it in the showroom. Mastercraft has made it very clear that they do not want to cannibalize their high end boat sales. The NXT felt extremely cheap, I knew that I would regret purchasing one. Taking a test drive Is the single best way though to know which boat is for you. Have fun and enjoy whatever boat you bring home.
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

I do like MC's. That X-24 is a monster and if money was not a barrier, that would be my boat. That being said, Moomba offers the best value for the money when it comes to features, design and engineering at the same price point. I am upgrading and I did look at the XT-23, it had the dual screen at > 120k. The boat otherwise felt small, shallow hull, the interior vinyl just did not radiate quality, it felt basic. My Mojo looked just as good, if not better for 50k less. And as far as wave, the mojo can be setup with a tremendous wave. There is no way I would choose an XT-23 over a loaded Mojo. The mojo looks larger inside than its competitor.
    Now, between a loaded 170k supra SE or a well appointed X-24, I'm sorry guys, its X-24 all day, but, I'll never afford either of those boats anyways.
    In the mid luxury segment, MC does not have anything to compete with the SL or SR. I'll take the SA feature for feature over X-22.
    So there, guess it depends on which boat and how much you want to spend.
    If your worried about some luxury features on Mojo, which is already a pretty damn nice boat, `look at the Makai. Its only 1 ft longer but has upgrades and at a price point not terribly higher than Mojo.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    I do like MC's. That X-24 is a monster and if money was not a barrier, that would be my boat. That being said, Moomba offers the best value for the money when it comes to features, design and engineering at the same price point. I am upgrading and I did look at the XT-23, it had the dual screen at > 120k. The boat otherwise felt small, shallow hull, the interior vinyl just did not radiate quality, it felt basic. My Mojo looked just as good, if not better for 50k less. And as far as wave, the mojo can be setup with a tremendous wave. There is no way I would choose an XT-23 over a loaded Mojo. The mojo looks larger inside than its competitor.
    Now, between a loaded 170k supra SE or a well appointed X-24, I'm sorry guys, its X-24 all day, but, I'll never afford either of those boats anyways.
    In the mid luxury segment, MC does not have anything to compete with the SL or SR. I'll take the SA feature for feature over X-22.
    So there, guess it depends on which boat and how much you want to spend.
    If your worried about some luxury features on Mojo, which is already a pretty damn nice boat, `look at the Makai. Its only 1 ft longer but has upgrades and at a price point not terribly higher than Mojo.
    Yep I felt the same about the X24. If it weren't $40k more than my SL that's what I'd be in. Just an all around beast of a boat, and the best wave of any boat I demoed, to include Centurion.

Before my budget expanded, I was looking at Max-Makai range, which included Axis and NXT. NXT was by far the cheapest-feeling boat I'd been in, other than a Heyday. Poor quality materials, almost non-existent storage. Never bothered to demo it (and I was very open to demos, and tested a LOT of boats).

Max feels pretty spartan compared to the Mojo and even the Axis, but doesn't feel cheap like the NXT does.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2019 Supra SL450

Just curious and looking for thoughts on those that have been in more boats than I have....I like master craft interiors (x and x star) but can’t get over their towers. Moomba makai seemed blocky and spartan to me, but a lot of boat for the money. Supra I liked a lot....I really thought fit and finish was tops in the Nautique G23 though...I haven’t been on any of the others mentioned...but mastercraft just doesn’t do it for me for some reason...I’d take a G over an x22...and likely an x24 for 200k msrp five or take

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Default 2020 Moomba VS. Mastercraft

How does the MC Klipsch sound system compare to the Supra JL?

You can find 2020 x24’s around 25% off MSRP.

Found a 213k for 155k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 06-04-2020 at 07:52 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I am someone who bought a moomba over a mastercraft last year. I had came from MC, had an MC. MC makes great boats, but the NXT is not one of them. Its very very very basic and looks like it when you see it. There is no reason that boat should cost what a moomba costs or more in most cases. Its really dumbed down and quite boring. The tower is ugly as hell too. All that said, i don't think it will be junk. It will perform but with far less bells and whistles. The looks just aren't there either.

i would say moomba and trust me i am not bias on brand just one what i saw. Axis was awesome looking for craftsmanship was crap. I like my moomba but would rather have a natique of course but for the money i paid, its a step above ANY NXT. As said above, MC makes it very clear this is not an MC other than the nameplate. They should have never called it MC.. start a different company like Bu and Axis because the NXT is a poor excuse for the nameplate.
    Last edited by jason1973; 06-04-2020 at 11:34 AM.
    2019 Mondo

I just looked at an x star and was impressed. But the tower still looks iffy to me. Dig the interior. They had nxt and xt models next to it and they r watered down for sure. Look nothing like the x star quality wise

X Star is the highest trim MC boat and that tower looks like a tower that comes on a sport pontoon boat.

Put the FXone tower on a MC and I may buy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Lol I agree on the tower. It is not confidence inspiring to me. I’m glad I stopped to look at them so I wouldn’t have been wondering and have what if’s.

I Wish a supra dealer was around so I could test one, but there are none on the lake, so G23 it is for us.

totally agree. Like i said, love MC, just those towers are terrible. all of them.. there isn't one that i like. They look out of place on everyone of their boats.
    2019 Mondo