Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    What were the settings there? Doesn't look very lippy, but looks fat and powerful.
    Nice pic! Looks like that is his daughter Jess too. What is she holding?
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Default Ragboy’s surf setup tutorial

I don’t like those long progressive waves. You can’t do much except surface tricks on a skim. The height even at the curl is so small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

My buddies for my 50th bday had Parker Payne come out and ride with us for 6 hours. He likes that long progressive wave as well on both his Matrix and Phantom. He can do any and all of his tricks on both skim and surf style board on a progressive wave. He falls way back beyond the 2nd pocket and builds so much speed down the line with 1 maybe 2 pumps. I've watched tons of videos on YouTube and Instagram of Parker, Sean, Keenan, and a ton of Ashley Kidd (OMG!!!) but it is totally different spending a day with a pro surfer that is just back there free riding and throwing down not worried about getting the right shot or putting the right 6 trick run together for the competition.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    I don’t like those long progressive waves. You can’t do much except surface tricks on a skim. The height even at the curl is so small.

Watch videos of the pro riders, almost all of them prefer a progressive wave. I can air (some) and spin on my wave, it is just more fun than the wall coming out the back with some huge lip and curl. That wave looks cool, but that's about it, for me at least.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

I’m sure this is going to be crappy quality from a screenshot of the actual video. 100% front, 100% port, 100% starboard. Wakeplate/smartplate 0%, starboard surf plate 80.

2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Nice pic! Looks like that is his daughter Jess too. What is she holding?
    She was holding a video camera. Not sure what kind it was, but I recall him talking about it on one if his videos. He was shooting some video from the boat and his drone.

Jess is awesome. Very nice girl and she can surf. It's fun watching her surf b/c she has such a good time. Two ladies on the boat that day were throwing 360s!
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    She was holding a video camera. Not sure what kind it was, but I recall him talking about it on one if his videos. He was shooting some video from the boat and his drone.

Jess is awesome. Very nice girl and she can surf. It's fun watching her surf b/c she has such a good time. Two ladies on the boat that day were throwing 360s!
    Yea they seem like a really nice and fun family to hang around in the boat and to surf with. I'm hoping to make it to the Polar Bear event on Norris to meet them if it still happens.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Yea they seem like a really nice and fun family to hang around in the boat and to surf with. I'm hoping to make it to the Polar Bear event on Norris to meet them if it still happens.
    We talked about that. They want to have one in the fall as he announced on his site or videos.

He was going to check his commitments soon for a go/no-go, then make an announcement.

Word gets around fast. The openings are filled in 15-30 mins.

Norris will make a great event. Houseboats, wake companies down here, great surfing lake, and Bubba’s Brew.

2018 Supra SL400

I realize this is an old thread and most of the questions regarding surf setup have been discussed ad nauseum, but, I ran into this video that provides info on how to access the inclinometer calibration for the vision system. As we all know, an accurate Inclinometer is essential for a properly working autowake system. I did not know where this setting was so the video was helpful in that regard. Maybe most of you who have the vision system are already aware of this. For those who are not, here it is:

Its towards the end of the video. The rest is just basic surf setup stuff that we are very familiar with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n-QILgiBkU
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Has anyone switched to 50% wakeplate? I love his videos, and reviews. Its just confusing that everyone talks up his knowledge of setups, yet no one actually uses his setup lol. Im sure Ill try it out eventually. Right now I'm just focused on surfing, so I'm not making any changes to my wave.
    2019' Moomba Max