Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Quote Originally Posted by DNIXD99 View Post
    Has anyone switched to 50% wakeplate? I love his videos, and reviews. Its just confusing that everyone talks up his knowledge of setups, yet no one actually uses his setup lol. Im sure Ill try it out eventually. Right now I'm just focused on surfing, so I'm not making any changes to my wave.
    I have never used that much plate, but I have also not used as much lead and human ballast that he uses in his set ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I have never used that much plate, but I have also not used as much lead and human ballast that he uses in his set ups.

I love me some Ragboy, but also prefer some things that he doesn’t include in his setups.

I will run up to 30 wakeplate at times, especially for a smaller human, but personally when I am riding I want the wakeplate up, and the speed correspondingly up. More wakeplate tends to render the front 6’ or so of the wave a little too vanilla for my liking.

I do tend to hover around factory recommended default surf plate settings.

Quote Originally Posted by DNIXD99 View Post
    Its just confusing that everyone talks up his knowledge of setups, yet no one actually uses his setup lol.
    Preference thing I guess. For example, some people want to move around surf plates for roll. He focuses on weight distribution.

When I get on social media, it appears everyone has their own 'special recipe' they like. Works for me b/c I like to try out different setups.

I run his setups. When we went out on my SL he gave me some good pointers about different topics on cause > effect on setups. Dude loves to talk about surf systems.
    2018 Supra SL400