Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Absolutely

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Though thinking about it, I'd be really interested to see the actual hydrodynamics of it. With a given weight- that is, you can't add any when you're out on the lake - the quantifiable difference in wave, or draft, or displacement for differing conditions.

Because putting the wakeplate down doesn't really "lift" the boat, it forces the bow down, which increases the displacement forward at the same time it decreases it aft. For a given weight it should be an equal transfer?

Or moving someone from the back to the front - that just removes displacement from the rear and shifts it to the front. Same displacement, right?

Or does the higher pitch actually cause more water to be moved? Or is it similar, just moved differently (tall and not long, versus shorter and longer)?

One thing's for sure, if you're running 50% wakeplate, you'll need more weight in the back than you otherwise would to achieve a given pitch. This makes the boat less balanced in other running conditions.

Sorry for the lengthy stream-of-consciousness, the thought of wakeplate effect got me going...
    2019 Supra SL450

Wake plate lifts rear of boat out of water, killing your wave.

Better to add bow weight than plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Wake plate lifts rear of boat out of water, killing your wave.

Better to add bow weight than plate.

Yeah it's better to add. I'm talking about on the water adjustments. Moving weight from stern to bow doesn't add weight. Though I'd agree if you need to bring the bow down, it's better to weight shift than use wakeplate. It just got me wondering about the hydrodynamics of it all.
    2019 Supra SL450

I took Ragboy & Family surfing on my SL last weekend. Good time.

Dude can really adjust surf settings to a specific surfer. You can tell when talking to him he spent a lot of time on playing around with settings on these boats - SA, SL, SE.

2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    I took Ragboy & Family surfing on my SL last weekend. Good time.

Dude can really adjust surf settings to a specific surfer. You can tell when talking to him he spent a lot of time on playing around with settings on these boats - SA, SL, SE.

What were the settings there? Doesn't look very lippy, but looks fat and powerful.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    What were the settings there? Doesn't look very lippy, but looks fat and powerful.
    It was probably 9’ and 2.5

I had too much weight in the front that day so it was harder to get the 9’.

Got busy and forgot to move the bags to the back from when I haul them on the trailer.

2018 Supra SL400

It was probably 9’ and 2.5

I had too much weight in the front that day so it was harder to get the 9’.

Got busy and forgot to move the bags to the back from when I haul them on the trailer.

I tried 2.5 but it didn't like it as much. And wanted to dump starboard ballast.
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    I tried 2.5 but it didn't like it as much. And wanted to dump starboard ballast.
    What are you running REG side?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

What are you running REG side?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

2019 Supra SL450

MJH, I think your wave looks awesome.. A lot is personal preference, some like a wall out the back for a wave, others like a progressive wave like what yours looks like. When riding with Sean Silveira the other day, he prefers the progressive wave as well, said he had more room to move around and could use different parts of the wave for various tricks....Looks like y'all had a blast, hopefully catch up with you this summer.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold