Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I don’t suggest exceeding the total weight capacity of the boat.

Whatever you add in ballast over stock is subtracted from passenger capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Today I did what the video said to do....and set the same parameters on the screen set up as he recommended. I could hear the tanks fill drain etc, and the wave was a pretty good wave, BUT....I never reached my setting perimeters and a couple of alerts came up. One was something like center is max and more weight in back. (backs were full 1200 each side)
    "move more wight to port side"....tanks were full on port.

So in general......nothing ever matched up to my settings.

Am I doing this wrong?

When it says to move weight to a location, have you passengers move to that position.

2017 Moomba Craz

So when he says the surf tab fully deployed he's suggesting running the tab at 100?

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtnsurfer View Post
    Today I did what the video said to do....and set the same parameters on the screen set up as he recommended. I could hear the tanks fill drain etc, and the wave was a pretty good wave, BUT....I never reached my setting perimeters and a couple of alerts came up. One was something like center is max and more weight in back. (backs were full 1200 each side)
    "move more wight to port side"....tanks were full on port.

So in general......nothing ever matched up to my settings.

Am I doing this wrong?
    I am far from expert, but set autowake to the stock parameters which I know on my moomba max it is 9 degree pitch and 3 degree roll on regular side. Pay attention to what bags empty. If the back bags empty then you need to add weight up front. If the front bag empties then you need to add weight to the back. Same side to side. If the port side empties it means you need to add weight to the starboard side. The objective is to place lead in the areas of your boat that lets autowake minimize emptying any of the ballast bags and acheive the pitch and roll you want. That way your ballast bags stay full and you have the maximum displacement with correct pitch and roll. Hopefully that makes sense.
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by Sickpainter View Post
    So when he says the surf tab fully deployed he's suggesting running the tab at 100?
    No, I don’t think so. I think he’s saying don’t change the factory nominal settings for the surf tabs. It was a bit misleading

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    I agree with most of it except the 50% wakeplate comment. That’s far too much. It lift the stern out of the water at that much deployment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I am going to experiment with wake plate at 50%. My initial reaction was the same as yours because I run my center plate at 0 and 20 tops But really thinking about it, at 50% I think it is inline or level with the non engaged surf plate. To ragboy's point, set it at neutral and use leverage of the lead to achieve the correct pitch. I know when I set the center plate at 50% before my pitch was lower then 9 degrees so that is telling me I need more weight in the rear. Which sort of makes sense because I have about 650lbs of lead midship plus the 720 bags. Most of my weight is midship. So I need to put the lead as far back in the rear lockers as possible to increase pitch. I do know the farther I put the center wakeplate down, usually the cleaner it is. So if I can get the 9 degree pitch with center plate at 50% then maybe I will have a smoother longer wake. I don't know but will report back what happens.
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by Sickpainter View Post
    Yes....which is also way too much.

2017 Moomba Craz

I can't remember what the factory settings are mine goes to 25 wakeplate 40 regular surf side which is what we usually do but I would like to try this method, any recommendations on the surf tab once I get the pitch and roll, ?I don't have autowake)

All your feedback is good. I guess I was misunderstanding the system. I thought it would take everything as the boat was and compensate it to adjust to the settings. However, now that I think about it there is only so much it can do with what we have in the boat weight wise.

I think the one that confused me the most was when it said something like this (not exact wording) "bow maxed out add weight in rear"

Center balast was emptied by the auto set up and the rear had 2500lbs. So this just confused me.....I thought the auto would fill center bag max on its own. Then I felt when I went to fill it, it would go turn off the auto system because I was manually filling.

Not sure.....sorry to be a pain, I am just trying to figure this Auto thing out to try and get my best wave with best push.