Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

I am just going to use the clinometer app and not use autowake at all. Just cruise control
    2018 Craz, 3000lbs stock ballast, ENZOs, 500lb Lead Ballast, Still chasing the best wave!

Default Ragboy’s surf setup tutorial

Ragboy seems to use his lead to leverage his boat and he uses a lot of lead.

If he loads lead as far back as possible and also uses lead as far forward as possible with full water ballast, then the only option he has left to bring pitch down is add wake plate.

Plate really won’t effect roll, so 50% plate might be great when you are fully slammed and leveraged.

Factory plate setting for both surf modes on my boat is 25%. I only add more plate mid session if my pitch is high or I want to lengthen the wave.

But after my rider falls or resets, I will add 50# lead to the bow for next session and move plate back to 25%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 06-10-2020 at 07:45 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Sorry for cross-posting, but I initially had this in the Autowake thread but didn't really get any answers (that made sense) so I thought I'd put it here which is probably where it belongs:

Hey all, I've been playing around today with Autowake on my Mondo and am a little confused on how it's supposed to work. I did some testing today with only me in the boat (and I'm a small guy, 145 pounds), and the lake was calm. With the Amp preset set to "100", I Turn on Autowake and wait. The front ballast filled to 100, and the left ballast filled to around 95. The right ballast, however, stayed at zero. I'm assuming it was attempting to balance out me sitting in the driver's seat, but I was pretty surprised that it didn't fill the right ballast at all.

Is that normal? The whole boat was noticeably leaning to the left, so I have hard time believing this is how it's supposed to work. (do I need to re-calibrate or something??)

Quote Originally Posted by fail0ver View Post
    Sorry for cross-posting, but I initially had this in the Autowake thread but didn't really get any answers (that made sense) so I thought I'd put it here which is probably where it belongs:

Hey all, I've been playing around today with Autowake on my Mondo and am a little confused on how it's supposed to work. I did some testing today with only me in the boat (and I'm a small guy, 145 pounds), and the lake was calm. With the Amp preset set to "100", I Turn on Autowake and wait. The front ballast filled to 100, and the left ballast filled to around 95. The right ballast, however, stayed at zero. I'm assuming it was attempting to balance out me sitting in the driver's seat, but I was pretty surprised that it didn't fill the right ballast at all.

Is that normal? The whole boat was noticeably leaning to the left, so I have hard time believing this is how it's supposed to work. (do I need to re-calibrate or something??)
    Did it stay that way when you were at speed? What was pitch and roll?
    2019 Supra SL450

Static settings won’t be the same as the dynamic ballast levels once the boat is moving. The software has an “idea” of what it needs to set the ballast to at static to get the required pitch and roll while moving, but it is never the same. If it was only you in the boat then Yes, the ballast levels will look very different in static mode as it tries to counteract just your weight.

2017 Moomba Craz

I find the key to AW is to fill ballast 100% manually, then turn it on.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I find the key to AW is to fill ballast 100% manually, then turn it on.

I do the same thing.

2017 Moomba Craz

Is everyone in this conversation using the version 3.0 swell system or is someone with the 2.0 successful with autowake while surfing. I never use it surfing and haven't been using it lately for wakeboarding.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What is the real data driven difference in the 2.0 vs 3.0 systems. If there is that big of a difference why isn’t the 3.0 offered as an add-on or people trying to mod there 2.0 system?
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    4100lbs. ENZO's, Center Tank, IBS
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    Surf Prop: OJ 945
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

Default Ragboy’s surf setup tutorial

I think the difference in plate shape and 6 pumps. New for 2018. The curl on the plate is supposed to clean up the face of the wave/wake

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan