Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 93
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Tims Ford Lake TN
    Posts
    335

    Default Ragboy’s surf setup tutorial

    If this was already posted, sorry. Thought everyone would enjoy as I saw it on Wakeworld.


    https://youtu.be/fRX6v9QpycI
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Commerce Lake, MI
    Posts
    2,136

    Default

    I agree with most of it except the 50% wakeplate comment. That’s far too much. It lift the stern out of the water at that much deployment.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Tims Ford Lake TN
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    I agree with most of it except the 50% wakeplate comment. That’s far too much. It lift the stern out of the water at that much deployment.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I agree Stazi. Maybe if you are slammed with weight but I haven’t reached that point on the Mojo.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Commerce Lake, MI
    Posts
    2,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    I agree Stazi. Maybe if you are slammed with weight but I haven’t reached that point on the Mojo.



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    ANACORTES, WA
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Agreed, I run mine around 25-15 depending on people to maintain the pitch I want. I also used the clinometer app he talks about. I don't use auto wake but like to keep track of my pitch and roll and this app does a great job at it.
    2018 Craz, 3000lbs stock ballast, ENZOs, 500lb Lead Ballast, Still chasing the best wave!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    I agree Stazi. Maybe if you are slammed with weight but I haven’t reached that point on the Mojo.
    When you say slammed, how exactly are you quantifying that? Rub rail at level of water, etc?
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    4100lbs. ENZO's, Center Tank, IBS
    480lbs. Pop-Products Steel Ballast Bags
    Raptor 400
    Surf Prop: OJ 945
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    I agree with most of it except the 50% wakeplate comment. That’s far too much. It lift the stern out of the water at that much deployment.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I was thinking the same thing when I watched it. You'd have to lighten the bow or add a ton of weight to the rear to get 9.5 with the wakeplate at 50.

    That's where I run it for my daughter and my buddy's daughter to squash the wave down and make it more "skimmy."

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2019 Supra SL450

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    1,835

    Default

    I like the Barbie boat.

    Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Tims Ford Lake TN
    Posts
    335

    Default

    I wouldn't be comfortable running with the rub-rail toward the water line. Right now I have 1100 rear bags, the 750+500 center and IBS, and 600 lbs of lead rear and mid-ship. I enjoy wakeboarding more than surf, so I'm not a pro at dialing my wave yet. But, at those weights, I still need to run the wakeplate at 0 to 10% in order to not loose push.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    I wouldn't be comfortable running with the rub-rail toward the water line. Right now I have 1100 rear bags, the 750+500 center and IBS, and 600 lbs of lead rear and mid-ship. I enjoy wakeboarding more than surf, so I'm not a pro at dialing my wave yet. But, at those weights, I still need to run the wakeplate at 0 to 10% in order to not loose push.
    With how deep these boats are now, I don't think you'd be able to add enough weight to get the rub rail to water level when stationary. Probably in an LSV, but not in the newer designs.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2019 Supra SL450

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •