Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 88 of 88
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Boating on Lake Martin, AL
    Posts
    711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    What were the settings there? Doesn't look very lippy, but looks fat and powerful.
    Nice pic! Looks like that is his daughter Jess too. What is she holding?
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers Bag Buster upgrade
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Commerce Lake, MI
    Posts
    2,053

    Default Ragboy’s surf setup tutorial

    I don’t like those long progressive waves. You can’t do much except surface tricks on a skim. The height even at the curl is so small.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

  3. #83

    Default

    My buddies for my 50th bday had Parker Payne come out and ride with us for 6 hours. He likes that long progressive wave as well on both his Matrix and Phantom. He can do any and all of his tricks on both skim and surf style board on a progressive wave. He falls way back beyond the 2nd pocket and builds so much speed down the line with 1 maybe 2 pumps. I've watched tons of videos on YouTube and Instagram of Parker, Sean, Keenan, and a ton of Ashley Kidd (OMG!!!) but it is totally different spending a day with a pro surfer that is just back there free riding and throwing down not worried about getting the right shot or putting the right 6 trick run together for the competition.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty(Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Phase Five Matrix

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    I don’t like those long progressive waves. You can’t do much except surface tricks on a skim. The height even at the curl is so small.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Watch videos of the pro riders, almost all of them prefer a progressive wave. I can air (some) and spin on my wave, it is just more fun than the wall coming out the back with some huge lip and curl. That wave looks cool, but that's about it, for me at least.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 180sr3, sold

  5. #85

    Default


    I’m sure this is going to be crappy quality from a screenshot of the actual video. 100% front, 100% port, 100% starboard. Wakeplate/smartplate 0%, starboard surf plate 80.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty(Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Phase Five Matrix

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    1,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Nice pic! Looks like that is his daughter Jess too. What is she holding?
    She was holding a video camera. Not sure what kind it was, but I recall him talking about it on one if his videos. He was shooting some video from the boat and his drone.

    Jess is awesome. Very nice girl and she can surf. It's fun watching her surf b/c she has such a good time. Two ladies on the boat that day were throwing 360s!
    2018 Supra SL400

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Boating on Lake Martin, AL
    Posts
    711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    She was holding a video camera. Not sure what kind it was, but I recall him talking about it on one if his videos. He was shooting some video from the boat and his drone.

    Jess is awesome. Very nice girl and she can surf. It's fun watching her surf b/c she has such a good time. Two ladies on the boat that day were throwing 360s!
    Yea they seem like a really nice and fun family to hang around in the boat and to surf with. I'm hoping to make it to the Polar Bear event on Norris to meet them if it still happens.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers Bag Buster upgrade
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    1,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Yea they seem like a really nice and fun family to hang around in the boat and to surf with. I'm hoping to make it to the Polar Bear event on Norris to meet them if it still happens.
    We talked about that. They want to have one in the fall as he announced on his site or videos.

    He was going to check his commitments soon for a go/no-go, then make an announcement.

    Word gets around fast. The openings are filled in 15-30 mins.

    Norris will make a great event. Houseboats, wake companies down here, great surfing lake, and Bubba’s Brew.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •