Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 88
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    1,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Leveraging works great,but ultimately the boat is a teeter totter. You can put lead way back to maximize sinking the rear only if you an still make your desired pitch. If pitch is too high you need enough bag or lead to counter it in the bow.

    I only leverage lead when I can’t hit my pitch or roll with bags, most of my lead sits mid ship to the fulcrum of the boat.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same here.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

  2. #62
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn & Vineyard Lake, MI
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Is the clinometer app easy to use / set-up?
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100's each rear
    570 ski locker
    750 IBS
    Plus bags 625 and lead 650
    Reversible pumps-3
    ACME 1617 prop
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Ronix shaper

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Georgetown, TX
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GW@vineyardlake View Post
    Is the clinometer app easy to use / set-up?
    Super easy. Just download it and open it up. I didnt have to calibrate it or anything. It works really well.

    Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

  4. #64
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn & Vineyard Lake, MI
    Posts
    44

    Default

    great, thanks.
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100's each rear
    570 ski locker
    750 IBS
    Plus bags 625 and lead 650
    Reversible pumps-3
    ACME 1617 prop
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Ronix shaper

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    856

    Default

    We finally got some good weather and I got my boat in the water. I went out and played with Autowake, both regular (what I surf) and goofy.

    It didn't matter too much what I did, the goofy wave was spectacular. It took a lot more fiddling to get close with the regular wave.

    I filled all ballast to 100%, just me in the boat, then turned on Autowake with pitch set to 9.5, roll to -2.5 (too much) and Amplitude to 100. It dumped a bunch from the starboard and center ballast to try to achieve numbers. It was able to get static pitch and roll but not amplitude. I reduced the roll to -1.5 and played with Swell tabs a bit. I got my best wave on the regular side at 70. Still unable to achieve amplitude.

    Because it was dumping from the front and right, I tried moving some lead. I took 100 out of the bow and moved it under the left rear seat (now 250 under that seat, just 50 in the bow).

    Finally Autowake pretty much kept the ballast full, achieved pitch, roll and amplitude, and the wave was damned good.

    Switched over to a goofy preset to see if it could achieve numbers with the lead where it was, and it did.

    So hopefully when I have people on board, Autowake will just tell me if I need to move a person or 2 to achieve numbers and I won't have to lose water or move lead.

    At no time did I feel having the wakeplate above 25 helped, contrary to Wake9's video.
    2019 Supra SL450

  6. #66
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    I don’t think you can force amplitude, amplitude is simply how much potential you have with what the draft sensor says is on the boat.

    To get max amplitude, you need more lead, crew or both,

    Full ballast and only you is nowhere near max amplitude.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SA 400
    Michigan

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I don’t think you can force amplitude, amplitude is simply how much potential you have with what the draft sensor says is on the boat.

    To get max amplitude, you need more lead, crew or both,

    Full ballast and only you is nowhere near max amplitude.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It was achieving amplitude after I moved lead and it stopped draining ballast. I have 850 lead on board, so it's not really just me.
    2019 Supra SL450

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Commerce Lake, MI
    Posts
    2,053

    Default

    Ragboys comment of using half wakeplate is erroneous. Sorry but it is.
    The wakeplate lift the ass end out of the water which is counterproductive to adding all the ballast into you boat in the first place. I have NEVER seen the need for anything more than 10-15% of wakeplate deployment, and tha.t was only when I had a full boat. 99.9% of the time I run with it ALL the way up.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Ragboys comment of using half wakeplate is erroneous. Sorry but it is.
    The wakeplate lift the ass end out of the water which is counterproductive to adding all the ballast into you boat in the first place. I have NEVER seen the need for anything more than 10-15% of wakeplate deployment, and tha.t was only when I had a full boat. 99.9% of the time I run with it ALL the way up.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It's definitely better to achieve the same effect by adding bow weight.
    2019 Supra SL450

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Commerce Lake, MI
    Posts
    2,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    It's definitely better to achieve the same effect by adding bow weight.
    Absolutely


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •