Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forgot to post an update but this year we no longer are storing outside! Our new storage unit was completed at the beginning of the month. It's 1.5 hour drive from my house but only 5 mins to 3 different boat launches at one of our favorite lakes. It's a 14' x 40' enclosed unit with 12' x 14' roll-up door and has power for onboard charger and timer controlled lighting. Offers plenty of room around the boat for cleaning and working on it. I plan to add some storage racks and shelves later on but for now we just took a small aluminum rack down there to keep the wet stuff hung from a day on the water.

2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    That is the nicest cleanest boat of that vintage I've seen. Have you kept that garaged the whole time?. Looks great. Is the interior that well preserved also?
    Thanks. About the only original thing left on this boat is the gel coat. It got a new engine in 2008 after being improperly winterized. Full ballast system in 2010, then revised a couple times since. I’m on the 3rd version of the stereo. Interior, carpet, and a bunch of other updates done around 2013. It has a gold metal flake in the yellow which definitely helps it pop.

I’ve owned it since 2006 and it’s always been stored under a carport and then in a garage the last 3 years. Would you believe I’ve only waxed it 2-3 times ever...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Well, it sounds like you've put lot of sweat equity into that boat, and it shows, she's a beaut.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

So jealous of the indoor storage Mr Hackenslash. On a side note, if you have to die and come back as someone else, you want to come back as Zandar. Yesterday wasn't a good day for wakeboard training so we filled all the ballasts to 100 and did some surfing. He was behind the boat for a bit more than an hour, falling a few times. I figure he was surfing for 45 minutes at 10.7mph. He may have surfed for 6 miles total.

2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off

Quote Originally Posted by jimmsch View Post
    So jealous of the indoor storage Mr Hackenslash. On a side note, if you have to die and come back as someone else, you want to come back as Zandar. Yesterday wasn't a good day for wakeboard training so we filled all the ballasts to 100 and did some surfing. He was behind the boat for a bit more than an hour, falling a few times. I figure he was surfing for 45 minutes at 10.7mph. He may have surfed for 6 miles total.

He sure does take to water like a fish! Do y'all boat in salt water? Your water always seems to have a lot of suds like salt water makes. Keep the vids coming!!
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Cool perspective today!

2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

I decided to see what AutoWake would look like with the WM upgrade. Gotta say it was way better than our first few experiences with AutoWake on stock ballast! Settings for regular side was default 9 degree pitch and -3 roll. If my legs weren't already jelly from surfing earlier I would have jumped on to try out the wave. I think part of the way I forgot to raise the center plate some too so this is looking pretty promising to use now. Going to for sure try it out next time!

2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Just picked her up today. Took her for a spin. Wave was pretty good stock. Didn’t try AW. Here’s a pick
    You can see resemblance to the moomba she replaced.

Mojo was a great boat for our family. Lots of fond memories. I’ll admit the sadness to let her go.

Will continue to work on wave. Will add 500 lb lead. Will try AW next time. I’m kinda old school that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    He sure does take to water like a fish! Do y'all boat in salt water? Your water always seems to have a lot of suds like salt water makes. Keep the vids coming!!
    He started swimming lessons at 6 weeks of age. We live on eastern Long Island New York so I always thought respect for, and comfort in the water were important. The boy is about 60% sea monster.

Unfortunately we have no fresh water any where near us to ride in, so salt is what we have. Love salt water actually, but the boat maintenance it creates is a nuisance to say the least.

On a side note, that's one sweet looking ride Isaguel
    2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    Just picked her up today. Took her for a spin. Wave was pretty good stock. Didn’t try AW. Here’s a pick
    You can see resemblance to the moomba she replaced.

Mojo was a great boat for our family. Lots of fond memories. I’ll admit the sadness to let her go.

Will continue to work on wave. Will add 500 lb lead. Will try AW next time. I’m kinda old school that way.

Awesome SL!!!!! Is that ultra black or black cherry?

Pics of the interior?

Congrats!!

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan