Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2004 xlv engine configuration pictures

New to the site, bought a 2004 Gravity Games XLV in serious disrepair - I bought for very very cheap so figured it was probably worth it. The hull is in great shape (gel coat still shines up nice), and the interior needs some love.

The boat did not have an engine and is missing a lot of little things. I was hoping that someone can take some pictures of their assembled engines. I have the carb 310 HP assault model. I tried contacting Indmar with no luck with information about the motor and wiring. If anyone has any wiring schematics or info, I would be very grateful.

I have attached of photo of what I am starting with.

IMG_20200530_110006472_HDR[1].jpg

I dont have any pics as I have a direct drive Moomba,but in my opinion the only reasonable way to fix your boat is to find the original engine with all the associated parts or find a wrecked boat that still has the engine and v drive in it.
    jy

Since it's carbed, I don't think it will be too bad. I already have the replacement vortec for it. I did get the v-drive with it. So really just missing a bunch of little stuff. This boat has more hoses and pumps than my 30' cruiser.

The little things are what nickel and dime ya though.

Well if you got a good deal you cant really complain (depending on how much that is ) BUT your right . That right there is going to cost a pretty penny . I was kinda in the same spot< got a good deal on a 01 Mobius but have been plagued with nothing but issues and have had it for 2 years . Minus the stereo system i have put in it (priorities hahah) , im guessing i have easliy 3k more into the boat and still not done . I would look for the manual for the boat online . They are out there and gives good detail HOWEVER the wiring is a whole other monster !! I couldnt find anything on mine and literally had to go wire by wire

I have been messing with boats long enough to know that if it gets to this state, pretty much everything has to be gone through. One has to assume the previous owners did zero maintenance.

I was able to get in touch with both Moomba and Indmar, I just wasn't being patient. They provided me with some great info to include wiring schematics, parts, and some pictures diagrams that have helped a bunch.

I am missing a rear hatch over the port engine bay area. From what I have found out, I guess the material used for structure is HDPE? Does that sound right.

I will post some pictures next week with a motor and most of the boat put back together.

Amazing what a little clean up can do. IMG_20200530_171941365_HDR[1].jpg
    Last edited by liteweightstickers; 06-08-2020 at 05:02 PM.

Rear hatch = yes. Similar thickness to the black parts sticking out the side of you cubby in this pic I believe. When I rebuilt our Chaparral engine hatch, I used 1/2" plywood and put fiberglass resin all over it. It was heavy, but wasn't going to rot again. May be an option for you.
    2017 Moomba Craz
    400 Indmar Rapter 6.2L
    "X-ceeding Limits"

2004 Supra 22 Launch SSV-crushed by a massive oak tree. RIP 4/1/2023
    325 Indmar Assault 320 HP
    "One more hour"

Ok great, I purchased some 3/8" thick material since that is what the side material you mentioned measured. I almost went with 1/2" but since the opening is only 20"±, I figured 3/8" was sufficient. Installed a new rear bilge pump (1100 gph) and went through wiring.

The carb I got with this boat is a 600 cfm vacuum secondary marine Holley. The pictures I have to show a 750 double pumper with dual fuel inlet and mechanical secondaries. Does anyone know what is supposed to come on this boat? I have a marine 750 with vacuum secondaries, might throw that on.

I have the v-drive back in the boat and subfloor out. Found a bunch of fuel vent line that was cracked, so replaced it. I am going to install new Hydroturf flooring I purchased on clearance. I think I will leave areas under the seats carpet since the carpet is still nice.
    IMG_20200615_211730877[1].jpgIMG_20200705_142113327[1].jpgIMG_20200705_142058508_HDR[1].jpg

Also buffed one side of boat, gelcoat cleaned up nicely.
    IMG_20200612_192256482_HDR[1].jpg
    Last edited by liteweightstickers; 07-06-2020 at 10:38 AM.

New engine is boat. Larry at Indmar has been awesome in helping with hose and wiring questions. I bought a manual and am not impressed with it.
    IMG_20200711_115059_01[1].jpg

Does anyone have pictures of hoses from v-drive to raw water pump?

Water hose from bottom of the boat goes to port side of vdrive. Starboard side goes to lower intake on the water pump. I have a water filter in between pickup and i would recommend putting a shutoff valve by intake as well. I have pics, but not sure they are very helpful with all of the other stuff in the way.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz
    400 Indmar Rapter 6.2L
    "X-ceeding Limits"

2004 Supra 22 Launch SSV-crushed by a massive oak tree. RIP 4/1/2023
    325 Indmar Assault 320 HP
    "One more hour"

Add an in-line flush pro while you're at it so you can run the boat off a hose. Easy peasy.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...