Default Boat Speed Fluctuating

Has anyone had an issue with the boat speed being inconsistent when under power? We took our Moomba Outback 07 out a few weeks ago and we were running it around 25 mph. Without touching the throttle, the boat just slowed down by 2-3 mph for 20 seconds and then accelerated back to 25 mph. Any suggestions to fix it? We have new gas in the tank and additives so I don't think that is the cause.

I thought my 98 needed a carb rebuild when it did that but I ended up with a new electronic ignition module.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Did you have your cruise control on with any ballast? I had problems with my 05 Supra when using cruise control. The main issue was if I would put the throttle to the floor when taking off, the boat would pass the set speed. It wanted to “hunt” for the proper speed after that. It is better to run the boat up to the cruise speed. I also replaced the prop and that really helped the situation for surfing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Our engine is EFI but will check on the module. Cruise control wasn't on and I didn't have the ballast full. We were just cruising at 25 mph and it slowed down.