Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I did some more tweaking today. You are correct it is a boat shaker. On the sub, I turned down the gain a little and turned the bass boost to 3/4 and the freq hz to 50-60. I adjusted the fusion head unit for the same hz for sub.

I didn’t really mess with the rev10 yet. They sound ok but definitely need some tweaking. The in cabins are also ok but need a bit more tweaking.

If I buy the WS or Exile controller. How do I add it into my system? I’ll
    Probably make the purchase in a few weeks. Where can I get the best price?

Thanks again.
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    4100lbs. ENZO's, Center Tank, IBS
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    Surf Prop: OJ 945
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Keep in mind that low-pass cross over setting and high-pass cross-over setting are 180* opposite. So lowering the low-pass setting actually narrows the bandwidth, not widen it. But again, if the box is off, then you can crank the setting to your hearts content and never get it good.

Also, regarding the Wet Sounds WS-420SQ/BT Equalizer function compared to the exile or any other. The Wet Sounds has a dual 4-band EQ. You can control the tower tones and in-boat tones independently of each other. This dates back to the original WS-420. The exile has a single EQ that effect both the tower and cabin channels at the same time. Sadly, the sub Hz dial just conflicts with what the amp's woofer setting are there to do.
    I called the installer who made the custom enclosed box and they said it was made specifically for the sub that was installed. He described the cubic feet etc. he told me the box was made to fit in the mojo and be appropriate for the jl 12w1. He said it was tuned when it left his shop, so I am assuming the original owner changed some things after he took delivery.
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

I always go to the source when I buy, Exile has excellent customer service. I'm sure WS does too as the dominant marine sound manufacturer. Exile sells their ZD controller for 350 and WS online is 100 more but you get the added dimension that MLA talked about. As far as hookup? Beyond what I know. I just know that my EXILE system kicked the shit out of WS and JL at a dock last year for a little stereo war. Good job on tweaking your system, it's fun, and only your ear can tell you the results.
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by jnr4817 View Post
    I did some more tweaking today. You are correct it is a boat shaker. On the sub, I turned down the gain a little and turned the bass boost to 3/4 and the freq hz to 50-60. I adjusted the fusion head unit for the same hz for sub.

I didn’t really mess with the rev10 yet. They sound ok but definitely need some tweaking. The in cabins are also ok but need a bit more tweaking.

If I buy the WS or Exile controller. How do I add it into my system? I’ll
    Probably make the purchase in a few weeks. Where can I get the best price?

Thanks again.
    You need to read my later post on page one. You are going backwords on the woofer low-pass cross-over. This goes for the amp setting and the setting in head unit. IMO, your use of the bass-boost is likely making things worst.

If you do not know yourself, what the internal volume of the box is, it may make it hard to tune the amp, other then just continuing to adjust.

Unless you specifically want the zone control, I would not not add any other equipment yet. Adding in an EQ line driver, means you go back to the drawing board on most of the tuning. Even then, you need to understand what you are tuning and what effects it has, both positive and negative.

You need to read my later post on page one. You are going backwords on the woofer low-pass cross-over. This goes for the amp setting and the setting in head unit. IMO, your use of the bass-boost is likely making things worst.

If you do not know yourself, what the internal volume of the box is, it may make it hard to tune the amp, other then just continuing to adjust.

Unless you specifically want the zone control, I would not not add any other equipment yet. Adding in an EQ line driver, means you go back to the drawing board on most of the tuning. Even then, you need to understand what you are tuning and what effects it has, both positive and negative.
    I see. I have no idea what the volume is, how do I find it? Calling someone isn't the answer.

Why is the boost making things worse if it sounding better?

I have no idea what i am doing.
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

I see. I have no idea what the volume is, how do I find it?
    You can measure the internal or external WxHxL. From there, you subtract the woofer displacement and get the net internal volume. 1.5 ft3 is not wrong, 1.0ft3 is not wrong, but each greatly impact the woofer's performance. A 1.5 ft3 is going to be mellow. 1.0 ft3 would be on the small side. If you are adding a lot of bass-boost, then this points to a too large of a box.

Bass-Boost does 2 things. 1) makes the amp work harder 2) amplifies one pre-set frequency by that dB. In the case of the Arc amp, its 45 Hz. So 45Hz has an 8 dB volume advantage over all the other frequencies. gets worse when you narrow the woofer's band width and widen the gap between it and the in-boats.

I’ll measure the box today and tirn the gain back down to half instead of 3/4.
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

Sub box measures 21x15x9 minus the 3/4 inch wood used should give 1.143 volume minus what the speaker is. The speaker is a JL 12w1v3. I can’t seem to find its volume to subtract.
    Last edited by jnr4817; 06-01-2020 at 03:42 PM.
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

Quote Originally Posted by jnr4817 View Post
    Sub box measures 21x15x9 minus the 3/4 inch wood used should give 1.143 volume minus what the speaker is. The speaker is a JL 12w1v3. I can’t seem to find its volume to subtract.
    0.052 ft3. Good news, you are not fighting a too small or too large enclosure.

0.052 ft3. Good news, you are not fighting a too small or too large enclosure.
    So, whats my next step?
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8