Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Mojo Audio Tuning Advice

We have a used 2018 Mojo.

The current audio system is:
    6 in cabin KM61 speakers power by a Kicker dxa 250.4
    2 Rev10's on the tower and 1 JL 12w1 powered by Arc Audio xdi 850.5.
    The 12w1 is in a sealed box with appropriate tolerances. It is under the helm and faced away towards the bow.

I spent about 2 hours tuning: turning up volume and adjusting gain, so distortion goes away at highest volume. I turned the bass boost to 3/4 for sub.

It sound great when the volume is halfway or at 12 on the Fusion MS-RA70N.
    At lower volumes the sound is flat and I'd like more bass. Turning the system to the loudest, there is minimal distortion, but its very washed out.

I've got the hz at 80 for the sub and the rev10's. The gains are are 3/4 of the way turned up.
    The 6 KM61's have the gains a 1/4 of the way turned up.

I do not have the bass boost knob, but can spend the 39.99 to buy it, if needed.

My goal is a more balanced sound with louder bass at lower volumes. We surf and ride around and tie up, so lower fuller volumes are essential. While surfing we turn it up some.

My zones are set like this:
    In cabin plus sub is zone 1
    Tower Speakers is zone 2.

Thanks for advice.

Jason
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    4100lbs. ENZO's, Center Tank, IBS
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    Surf Prop: OJ 945
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

The 12w1 is in a sealed box with appropriate tolerances.
    Though a sealed enclosure gives you much more flexibility on either side of "optimal", the internal volume is still going to impact the woofer's performance. So exactly what it the net internal?

I turned the bass boost to 3/4 for sub.
    Do you know what frequency you are attenuating at 8dB?

The gains are are 3/4 of the way turned up.
    Thats pretty high! Im wondering if you have the amp bridged correctly for those full-range speakers? Have you reached out to your Arc Audio or Wet Sounds Dealer for this sort of detailed assistance?

I've got the hz at 80 for the sub and the rev10's.
    In-boats?

My goal is a more balanced sound with louder bass at lower volumes.
    In cabin plus sub is zone 1
    This may be hard to accomplish, since the woofer volume is tied to zone one. So the woofer's level will never be higher then zone 1. True 3-zone or having the woofer on its own separated zone, may be what you need.

Adding a zone controller from wetsounds or exile would likely be the simple fix if you are willing to throw a little more money at it.

Before you started tuning did you set the Fusion headunit’s volume max limit to around 70 or 80%?
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Though a sealed enclosure gives you much more flexibility on either side of "optimal", the internal volume is still going to impact the woofer's performance. So exactly what it the net internal?

I believe its 1.5

Do you know what frequency you are attenuating at 8dB?

I have no idea

Thats pretty high! Im wondering if you have the amp bridged correctly for those full-range speakers? Have you reached out to your Arc Audio or Wet Sounds Dealer for this sort of detailed assistance?

I've bought the boat used. I did call the installers and it wasn't very fruitful. I haven't been by the dealer yet. They are supposed to schedule an appt. for warranty transfer.

In-boats?
    The amp is set to that on the freq hz.

This may be hard to accomplish, since the woofer volume is tied to zone one. So the woofer's level will never be higher then zone 1. True 3-zone or having the woofer on its own separated zone, may be what you need.
    The particular fusion head unit only does 2 zones apparently.

I'll take any help feedback i can get.

Thanks
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Adding a zone controller from wet sounds or exile would likely be the simple fix if you are willing to throw a little more money at it.

I may do this. Should I also buy the bass knob?

Before you started tuning did you set the Fusion head unit’s volume max limit to around 70 or 80%?
    Yes the max volume on the fusion is 24. Ive set the max to be 20.

Thanks
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

lower your hz for bass, the frequency response of your sub (JL?) is 22-200hz, you are missing out on some good bass notes. Tuning speakers to 80hz is a Dolby thing for home theater, not boats. Same with your Rev 10's. I sometimes hesitate to post here with MLA being the Man, for good reason, but I'd want more out of my sub and Rev 10s, you are missing out on some great mid bass and bass. I know home theater hz better than boat speakers, mine was tuned when I bought it so I'm not sure where all my settings are, but I guarantee my bass gets LOW.
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

I’ll take any feedback I can get.

I did find even though the sub is tied to zone 1, it has a separate volume control that isn’t affected by zone 1’s volume. At least that how it appears on the fusion app and head unit.

I can definitely adjust freq hz, gains, etc. I’m even willing to build a new ported sub box if it will help.
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

The best upgrade I did was put in the Exile zone controller (WS has a similar device). My sub is independent from the cabins and towers, plus eq controls for each of the 3 zones.
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

Keep in mind that low-pass cross over setting and high-pass cross-over setting are 180* opposite. So lowering the low-pass setting actually narrows the bandwidth, not widen it. But again, if the box is off, then you can crank the setting to your hearts content and never get it good.

Also, regarding the Wet Sounds WS-420SQ/BT Equalizer function compared to the exile or any other. The Wet Sounds has a dual 4-band EQ. You can control the tower tones and in-boat tones independently of each other. This dates back to the original WS-420. The exile has a single EQ that effect both the tower and cabin channels at the same time. Sadly, the sub Hz dial just conflicts with what the amp's woofer setting are there to do.

Also, your sub is facing the bow? So inside the helm with no outlet? Many boats have their sub there, but it's in a cutout facing the driver. You'll get two different types of sound. I call yours a boat shaker (my old boat had one in a locker). Night and day difference when the sound can escape into the air. Also sent you a private msg. Just trying to help. You'll be limited with answers in this forum. A lot more knowledge from users with similar setups on the Facebook group for Supra/Moomba.
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled