Default Platform effect on wave

Has anyone tested to see if the platform has an effect on the surf wave? My fiberglass platform has an edge that catches water as it drags on the surface. Seems like it might help disrupt the wave on the non surf side but hurt the surf side. Maybe it's a non issue since it's behind, just wondering if anyone has tested with it off.
    03 Launch 22V
    3) 800lb sacks, Perfect Pass
    Fusion head, JL amps, Wet Sounds Interior/Tower Speakers, 10" Sub
    "Anyone have a stainless steel magnet?"

if you search on here, lots of guys 10 years ago were testing platform off, filling in under the lip with 'glas, shrinking the original platform and making newer smaller ones out of teak.
    I did a lot of studying on this with our old supra as it had the lip that dragged in the water but decided the work wasn't worth the payout from what others were posting up. some others stood firm on the results and said modifying was the best thing.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I've pondered on this also. I did some research a few yrs ago and found some guys were rigging the platform bracket to lift it a few inches to reduce drag on the wave. I never have actually seen it myself and not sure what the verdict is, its a topic worth reviving.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Thanks, I did find some old mod posts. I just upgraded my prop from the OEM ( I assume) 14 x 18 1/2 to an Acme 1433 and I expect huge results. I'm not real qualified to even be judging the wave because of lack of experience and skill, but after a couple of seasons of tweaking I always end up at the same speed and trim with my ballast and suck gate. I guess I need to recruit an experienced surfer on Lake Livingston for an opinion. Might be as good as it gets with the new prop.
    03 Launch 22V
    3) 800lb sacks, Perfect Pass
    Fusion head, JL amps, Wet Sounds Interior/Tower Speakers, 10" Sub
    "Anyone have a stainless steel magnet?"

fwiw our old launch20ssv(similar hull to you and shorter) we ran listed as suckgates were not around back then. I used 400 in the nose on the seat, 400 in the factory ski locker, 1100 in the rear surf side locker, 400 on the floor surf side and depending on number of peeps 400 on the rear corner seat. wave was tall and had a ton of push but not much length due to the boat dimensions. running acme 1235 prop.
    it has the lip edge but again never did anything with it. based on what I researched I don't think it would have made a huge difference.

isaguel, on the newer boats a lot of them have smoothed over swimdecks already. I would bet skiers did a lot of experimenting with that hull prior to releasing knowing surfing was exploding on the market at that time and would doubt there's any low hanging fruit in playing with it. might be wrong but if there was I would certainly think tinker and his crew would have found it and integrated it.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

On my 2007 Supra I had a pic where the corner of the platform was 'digging' into the wave and would affect the lip. I took the pic while surfing and had someone else take a pic from the boat. Wave did not look clean.

I also think @trayson had some posts and pics on here about this homemade platform with some before and after pics.

I recall a thread that @sandm was referring to, someone was testing w/o the platform at all.

I bought the surf platform and it did help my wave. I also used some shims to lift the platform 3/4 - 1" higher. That was for the surf tabs and actuators.
    2018 Supra SL400

The new prop is as expected. Way less RPMs at surf speed and the wake has a lot more surfable length.

I just made a new surf platform to replace the OEM swim platform on my 07 LSV. It is a big improvement and the platform does not dig into the wave like the OEM. It cleans up the wave a lot because you don't have the edge digging in and throwing spray/white water everywhere. I don't believe it makes the wave any bigger but it certainly cleans up the wave a lot. I highly recommend making a new one. No regrets at all.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....-DIY-Surf-Deck
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190