Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2020 Moomba Mojo Anchoring Question

Hey guys,

This might be a stupid question, but I've never had a boat without bow cleats. I was wondering where the guys tie their anchors off when anchoring. Do you use the mid-ship cleat or do you use the hook on the hull that the winch connects to when trailering? Or am I going to have to add cleats?? lol

I've owned a lot of different boats, but this is my first wakeboard/ski boat and I'm super excited. I pick it up Thursday from the dealership.

Thanks!
    Branden

I use the mid-ship cleat but I'm never anchored very long. I'd use the winch hook if I was anchoring over night or a long period of time. I also thought about adding a cleat or two in the beginning.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If i am parked in shallow water, like the sand bar, i will use the front eye (the one used for pulling the boat out) with a danik hook and spike anchor. If i am in deep water its harder to reach so i use the back eye hooks by the swim platform. The only thing i use the cleats for is docking at the dock.
    2019 Mondo

Definitely get yourself a danik hook like Jason said. It's the quickest and easiest way to anchor.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

I have a 2020 Mojo and cannot reach the bow eye from inside the boat (I wish I could as the mooring cover has a tendency to slip off without the bow eye tether attached). The eye would be ideal to attach the anchor line but I think the cleat is your only option.
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

Thank you guys for all the responses! They helped. I think I will get a Danik Hook for sure. I'm really tall 6'4 hopefully I can reach the bow hook from inside the boat, and anchor from there If I can't I will use the midship cleat I guess. I live near deep rocky lakes, so no dang sand bars where I'm at. LOL Most of the time I anchor in 15-30ft of water in a cove somewhere.

I actually bought cleats, but never installed them.
    2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off

Reviving am old thread, but I was wondering how the Danik hook helps when you can't reach the bow eye?

Also wanted to say in response to some of the other posts that if you are anchoring in wind or waves, any anchor point other than the bow eye will result in higher chance of the anchor drifting and a harsher float.

I had to motor off a beach in 3 foot swells once and I was fortunate that the Danforth was tied off to the tower where I could get to it and the anchor was holding. When the old man at the campground says the storms coming from the north are nasty then heed those warnings. Powered out while pulling the anchor and those snap on bow covers...nice.

We use the danik hook on our dive rescue sonar and reeling in the line can a real pain.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Danik hook off the bow ring. We anchor is 10-50ft Deep areas with a box anchor. Never had an issue Leaning over the bow to set or pull up anchor.
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    4100lbs. ENZO's, Center Tank, IBS
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    Surf Prop: OJ 945
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8