Default 08 Mobius LSV Wake

New to these boats...got a stock 08 LSV but wakeboard and certainly surf wake very small even with ballast. Assuming just stock ballast right now with two rear bag and one in center front. My trim indicator doesn't work, though it does rise and lower a small amount off trailer and you can tell some difference with it.

Any suggestions to optimize? Feels like even for wakeboarding the wake on an old SeaRay 185 from 1998 was better?

Also, thoughts on wake shapers? And optimal surf speeds?

Many thanks.

for surfing you really have to go with more weight (ballast). You have to replace the rear lockers with 900-1100lbs bags. you can't go any bigger on the center locker but adding a ballast bag under the bow (IBS) helps a ton. You can tie the IBS to the center locker. With that much weight you will also need to upgrade you prop to one that can handle the extra weight. As far as a wake shaper goes they are very easy to make for less than $100 and you have to have one for surfing. You can spend a bunch of $ and buy one but making one is pretty easy. There are lots of different threads on here about how to do it. I usually surf between 10-10.5mph on my 07 LSV. You also will need to get your wake plate fixed as you can use it to adjust the attitude of the bow to change the steepness of the surf wave.

You can also buy lead weights instead of adding bigger bags.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Had a great first season but upgrading ballast. Do I need 1000 in each locker or total?

each locker.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

I have an 08 LSV as well, and ya you need more weight! We have about 1000lbs on either side of the engine, stock 400lbs bag in the floor/front and a 850lbs bag in the bow. Usually only a driver and spotter in the boat. When wakeboarding we have the wakeplate up all the way and if we ever surf (hardly ever) we put the plate down all the way to make it steeper. So I think you'll have to get your plate fixed. For wakeboarding, I think it needs lots of weight up front. A little too rear heavy and the wake gets too steep and rolls over. It's like hitting a curb. Too much bow weight is better than too much rear weight in my opinion because if it's a little too flat I can easily drop the wakeplate down a hair to steepen it up but that basically never happens. Mid ship weight is the safest. So when extra people come in we keep them as centered as possible (out of the back bench and out of the bow if possible) Even just slidding the back bench forward helps. We do not have an upgraded prop, which is crappy because it takes us a while to get on plane for wakeboarding. We've pretty much maxed out the weight capacity at this point I think - when we have a bunch of people on the boat we sometimes have to dump some weight or it won't get up on plane. So maybe I should be investing in a new prop!

One other thing - deep water helps as well. We ride in a river that's pretty shallow, like 10 feet. We like it in there because it's always calm, but when going into deeper water like out on the lake, the wake does get a little bigger and fuller. In fact, we can't ever surf at all in the river - the wave just doesn't form right. We only wakeboard though and we're willing to sacrifice a hair of volume on our wake for nice water but if I was surfing I would need to be in deeper water.
    2008 Moomba LSV - sacked out (wakeboard)

Thanks a ton. Let me know if you have pics of the 08. I did hear about upgrading the prop...will do that in time. We normally had a ton of people on board which helped as I just had the stock bags but just ordered new ones for rear and will look for bow. Are you getting a decent amount of water over the bow with that much weight up front? I have to do a very slow turn to pick up riders. Appreciate the input. Surf is the main goal.

You have to be careful turning around to pick up. As soon as the rider falls, i slow off the gas to neutral, wait about 3-4 seconds until the wave passes me by and then idle back slowly to pick up. With a full boat and weight in the front you usually are ok, but if you hit some other waves coming at you, you can take some water over the bow from.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190