Default Wake plate changes

Curious....thia is a new boat for me.

2019 Max......for surfing, I found our sweet spot. I adjust the bags to the right fill, I adjust the tabs to the right setting, and I adjust the wake plate to the right setting.

When I practiced this setting while trying to dial it in, it all stayed at the setting I made.

However, yesterday, I set everything and I pulled up my kids and noticed the wake plate was going to 100 on its own. I thought I might have been hitting the arm on wheel when I was steering, but that wasn't the case. Then I kept looking at it for the rest of the day, and it would always fluctuate after I set it. Always ending up at 100. I then would have to reset it overtime pulled them back up.

Is this normal? Is it broken? What do I do? Its annoying

Thanks
    D

When you start the boat the computers will run their diagnostics, you will see all the gauges, including the wake plate gauge, move up and down and then settle. It'll take a few seconds. It'll always settle with wake plate at 100% until you take off and reach cruise speed. If your surf tab toggle is flipped to one side or the other it'll mess up the diagnostic run and the wakeplate will stay at 100% and will not move.
    So, when u start the boat, make sure your surf tab toggle Is in the middle. Same for when you shut down and restart the boat at any time during your day.

THis is something that drove me crazy, even my dealership could not give me the answer, I actually called skiers choice and they were the ones to give me the explanation.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

That’s annoying. I’ve had the same problem, but we all surf regular so I flip the switch and leave it on while everyone surfs.

When I have ran into the issue, I flip it to the middle, turn the boat off and it clears itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AHHHHH......now that you mention it, I never switch it. We are all regular and I just leave it on once we start the day. I will try this out....thank you all very much!
    D

Mine always goes back to 100 when coming to a stop. It’s to help launch the boat next time you go to accelerate. Mine however does not go back to the set angle I was using for surf once we hit surf speeds. I always have to remind my wife to raise the center plate. It’s really annoying and I wished these boats had rider profiles you could save.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Still pretty new here. So if autowake is ON, the wake plate will stay at 100% if you stop and start out again?

I’m noticing that when the switch is on for left side, surf plate on right side does not go to 60 I have to set that manually. Wondering if that’s because I leave the switch on left at start. Will keep that switch in middle at start up next time. I have a 2019 Helix and so far wave does not have enough push to surf without rope with stock bags (usually only 3-4 people on board) . I ordered the wakemakers bag busters with two 1130s for rear hoping that makes the difference. Unfortunately they are on back order so I also ordered a 800 lb manual fill bag for the interim.
    Last edited by Bch53211; 05-27-2020 at 11:52 AM.

That is interesting. I wonder how the autowake drives this. My 2016 is pre autowake and the wake plate always goes back to the prior set position once the launch assist removes when the boat planes. If you turn the boat off at the ignition, then it will default back to 50%
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Curious.. The default seems to be 100% when I start my day or when I drop to an idle. as I speed up, the center wake plate will adjust, say to 25%. I'm wondering if the center plate is suppose to default to 100%. In my mind, it would interfere with the flow past the rudder making it more difficult to maneuver at slow speeds and in reverse. Does this sound right? Is 100 suppose to be the default? Can this be changed in the setting?
    Moomba Craz ‘21
    Barefoot Nautique ‘91 (traded-in)