Default be safe the rest of the weekend

at lake mead this am.
    dont know them but would suck.....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Ahhh...just a small gas leak.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I’ve seen a couple of boats burn on the water. I’m amazed at how quickly they go up.

Wow that is crazy. Hope no one was injured in that.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

that really sux.
    2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off

Lake Madtin has had some bad luck this holiday weekend too. A 57 year old man was on the cliffs and either slipped or dove head first and had to be airlifted out. Large cabin cruiser went by a popular cove throwing a massive wake and people and boats got damaged and today there was a floating body discovered. Last weekend on another lake there was a fire on a boat and a Moomba tried to put it out by doing power turns but not sure if they got it under control before sinking.

We don't go to the lakes during holiday weekends. Just too many boats and the odds of running into idiots on the water are very common.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Feeling much better about working through the holiday now
    2019' Moomba Max

This was our first year out on a holiday weekend. Went yesterday morning hoping to get a few hrs in b4 the crowd hits. Ended up meeting a friend and staying till 5p. I've heard stories of the ramp craziness but never experienced it first hand until yesterday. Had a family of about 6 who seemed to have bought 6 jet skis with their stimulus money and this was no doubt their first time out. Possibly ever. They had a couple beached up on the rocks 6foot from the ramp. Had another 2 right out behind the ramp trying to get them to run. Once they got it to start they would go straight into doughnuts 50 yards off the dock. One of the member had theirs stall out at the dock so he decides to swim it back to the others going right behind an empty trailer in the water with a boat coming in to be loaded. Can't make this up. The line to load is now backing up. Guy backs his trailer in the water to load. Completely submerged trailer, tailpipe, and most of the tire spends 10 min trying to get the boat to stay on trailer when they pull out. Meanwhile redneck racer and his family have gotten a couple of their jet skis going again. We get in and get out no problem. The guy behind me backs in and loads but he decided to give a few death threats to the jet ski clan on his way out (he yells to them thats it's a no wake zone they yell back then he screams I'll fucking shoot you) the wife asked this morning if we were going back out. I laugh. No more holidays for us!
    '18 mojo

Default be safe the rest of the weekend

Did Sat and Sun this holiday weekend and didn’t have any real issues at all.

Saturday the launch was packed due to no DNR employee running the ramp (lost some holiday revenue) parking was chaos at lake 1 and we just kept going to lake #2.

Lake 2 was wide open got as much clean board and surf runs as we wanted and a few more hours of cruising. Great day.

Sunday we decided to try lake 1 after 6pm, great move as the launch was maybe 50% full. Despite those coming off the lake not understanding they don’t have dock priority, it was maybe a 15 min wait to launch. Lake was full of tubers still wrecking any chance to board and surf was a little tricky to get a clean run. We decided to have a couple cold ones and at 7:15, boom lake was calm, empty and perfect to board and surf, ran hard until 8:45, sunset was 8:58. Was an awesome evening for a night cruise so it worked out great.

Need a break today lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Surgical_ass View Post
    This was our first year out on a holiday weekend. Went yesterday morning hoping to get a few hrs in b4 the crowd hits. Ended up meeting a friend and staying till 5p. I've heard stories of the ramp craziness but never experienced it first hand until yesterday. Had a family of about 6 who seemed to have bought 6 jet skis with their stimulus money and this was no doubt their first time out. Possibly ever. They had a couple beached up on the rocks 6foot from the ramp. Had another 2 right out behind the ramp trying to get them to run. Once they got it to start they would go straight into doughnuts 50 yards off the dock. One of the member had theirs stall out at the dock so he decides to swim it back to the others going right behind an empty trailer in the water with a boat coming in to be loaded. Can't make this up. The line to load is now backing up. Guy backs his trailer in the water to load. Completely submerged trailer, tailpipe, and most of the tire spends 10 min trying to get the boat to stay on trailer when they pull out. Meanwhile redneck racer and his family have gotten a couple of their jet skis going again. We get in and get out no problem. The guy behind me backs in and loads but he decided to give a few death threats to the jet ski clan on his way out (he yells to them thats it's a no wake zone they yell back then he screams I'll fucking shoot you) the wife asked this morning if we were going back out. I laugh. No more holidays for us!
    OMG, this is freakin hilarious. MY wife has what she calls her loading song. Whenever we're loading the boat( she drives it onto the trailer and I back up trailer), as she approaches the ramp she plays the song Move Bi*** by Ludacris. She always complains about idiots at the landing.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost