Default Tower speakers low volume buzz

I have a 17 helix with 6.5 in roswell tower speakers added by the dealor at purchase.
    took it out yesterday and noticed the the boat speakers sound great but neither tower speaker is working corecrtly. Fist there was a whining g noise and I can see them move a little but they are hardly putting anything out. Where should I start?

Is this a brand new problem on a 3 yr old boat or this equipment was just added and theres a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Is this a brand new problem on a 3 yr old boat or this equipment was just added and theres a problem?
    Correct, it is covered under warranty I just didn't want to take it in over the Holliday weekend. The problem is with the 3 year old equipment

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Correct, it is covered under warranty I just didn't want to take it in over the Holliday weekend. The problem is with the 3 year old equipment

Lets presume that the tower speakers have their own amp, power cables and RCA from the head unit. This would also suggest that they installed a line level converter as, IIRC, the head unit only has a single pair of RCA outputs.

Odds of both speakers blowing at about the same time is rare, ohm'img the speaker leads at the amp, will give you an idea of the speakers' circuits and the drivers themselves. They are 4 ohm pods.

An amp setting could have gotten bumped, most likely the 1X/10X button, if the amp has one. Should be in the 1X position.

A loose RCA on either end can induce noise, but typically also results in either the left or right speaker not working as opposed to reduced sound from both.

Check the zone control volume.

Battery voltage at the suspect amp. Low voltage makes electronics do weird things.

The tower speakers do come off a line level converter but it comes off the same amp that runs the stock speakers. Now the stock speakers are going out 1 at a time for longer periods of time. I'm going to take it in tomorrow I think it has to be a bad amp