Default No Sound...Any Suggestions?

Happy Memorial Day To All,

I have no sound.

Some history:
    I installed a sound system in my boat last summer right before 4th of July.
    It has an amp for the cabin speaker and tower speakers.
    It has an amp for a 12” sub.
    It has two batteries and a battery selector switch.
    It also has an Exile Zone Controller w/ the bluetooth option.

It all worked fine last summer for the first few week.s

Within a few weeks a button stopped working on the Exile Zone Controller for the Aux. We were able to keep it working until the end of summer (which is Labor Day here in Michigan. When I pulled my boat for the season I contacted Exile and sent it in to them to work on it. They returned within a couple weeks which was around the end of September. By then my boat was already in storage at our cottage up North for the winter. We also pulled both batteries and stored them inside my home for the winter. I recently charged both of them before installing them. I tested them and them both have a charge.

With the Virus, and extremely late and cold spring in Michigan I was just able to install the Exile Zone Controller and the two batteries today.

I have no sound. I’ve checked and I’m getting power to the zone controller, the bluetooth, and both amps. My iPhone has synced with my Exile Zone Controller and is playing. But, I have no sound. The bluetooth has a light on so it has a power. Both amps have a light on so they have power.

I’m not sure what to do next? How can I check to see if the Exile Zone Controller is functioning correctly? It does not have any lights on it to indicate that it’s on. But I’ve tested the wires going into the back of it and it has power to it.

I’m very frustrated and not sure what to do next.

Any suggestions would be “greatly” appreciated.

Thank you to anybody who tries to help.

Enjoy the holiday weekend!!!
    Moomba Dad
    Ausable Lake, MI

2004 Mobius LSV

Move the BT's cable from the AUX ports to the main ports and see. Connect the BT direct to the amp's RCAs, bypassing the zone controller.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Move the BT's cable from the AUX ports to the main ports and see. Connect the BT direct to the amp's RCAs, bypassing the zone controller.
    I already did try moving the cable from the AUX ports to the main ports but still no sound.

Connecting direct to the amp RCA’s and bypassing the zone controller is a great idea though.

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I’ll let you know the result. If that doesn’t work then what could be the issue?
    Moomba Dad
    Ausable Lake, MI

2004 Mobius LSV

If you can make all 3 zones play by connecting direct to the RCAs, then the issue is isolated to the zone controller. IF a multi meter confirms there is voltage at the proper terminals of the zone controller, then you have your answer.

MLA,

I want to thank you for your time. I was able to get to the bottom of the issue and get it to work.

In short...operator error. My sone connected everything without my knowledge and did not connect two (2) positive wires to the zone controller. He did connect one positive and one negative and thought that was correct. But this zone controller required two (2) positives (one to power it and one to turn it on/off). Once I figured out his error the problem was solved. Neither of us are master sound system people, and I designed/installed the sound system last summer with a little of his help.

Again, I want to thank you for your time and posts!

Take care.
    Moomba Dad
    Ausable Lake, MI

2004 Mobius LSV