Thread: Tower pin

Default Tower pin

Last time we were out on our 2015 Mojo with the tower that's not a S tower, one of the pins had moved out of the tower about 5/8". It's a pin in the front base of the tower. It seems the tower rotates on it when you lower the tower. We tried to move the tower up and down to get it back in, hammering with a hammer and a block of wood, using a large phillips, turning both left and right. We couldn't budge it. Has anyone had this issue, and how did you resolve it? Thanks.

Gidday Strato from OZ down under.
    Your boat is almost the same as ours colour wise, we've a white tower.
    We have a 2014 Mondo with the OZ HD tower and had that pin at the front base of the tower screw itself about halfway out early on.
    We had a difficult time getting back in but used a stainless steel ruler end that fit across the whole of the slot and with someone jiggling the tower around I managed to get it screwed in, did put a bit of locktite on the screw threads once I saw it beginning to move. So far so good, other side has been no probs, so far...…
    Hope that helps mate, it's Wintertime (almost) so twiddling my thumbs here.....enjoy the boating season.
    Cheers BruceR, Melb AUS.
    Last edited by bjrow; 05-23-2020 at 03:16 AM.
    Bruce
    2014 Moomba Mondo

O.K. Thanks. Do you remember if it screwed in clockwise or counter clockwise?

Just wanted to let you know, this did work for us. Had to get a larger screwdriver, and mess with it for a while, but finally got it back in. Also applied locktite as you did. We went out yesterday, and so far so good. Thanks again.

Gidday Strato, good to hear you got it sorted.
    Have to say it seemed a bit weird when we first saw it, fortunately in the driveway so wasn't too stressed unlike being on the lake.
    Been a bit frosty here, waiting for the snow to fall...….
    Enjoy your Summer.
    Cheers BruceR, Melb AUS.
    Bruce
    2014 Moomba Mondo

I have the OZ tower on my Mobius LSV..... end of last summer i was out for the weekend and returned after a surf session and found that front starboard side pin/screw was completely missing. I had to order a new one from our local dealer.... if you have someone lift up in the center of the front of the tower just a tad it makes screwing it in waaaaaay easier..... the pressure of the weight of the tower is what’s making it so hard to screw.... lift too much and it gets tight again though ..... it’s a fine balance. Also recommend loctite and check them frequently. Both sides are righty righty lefty loosey.

Tyler

2012 Mobius LSV (Sold)
    2020 Mojo