Default Surf wake opinions and changes to my 2019 mondo

Last year i had a hard time getting push from my 2019 mondo. We mostly surf and little else. I know the mondo can surf if set up correctly. So this year i upgraded to 900's in the rear and an add'l 150 lbs of lead on top of the front 500 bag. I also have 500 midship. Overall i have 3000 lbs of ballast.

Do you think this should be enough? usually have 4-5 people in the boat and am surfing in about 20' of water. I was told i needed 900's in back so i went that route. the 1130's will not fit without lifting the covers in back.

If anyone can tell me what my pitch and roll should be i would appreciate it.
    2019 Mondo

I have surfed a mondo in wisconsin that ran 900's in the back and ibs up front. usually had 4 in the boat and water up the channel was 20ft.. no lead that I know of. wave was def. surfable with no rope. I believe they had a guy land a 360 behind it on an old ronix surf style.

20ft boats will struggle with length compared to 22-23 but you should not have an issue getting a decent height wave with lots of push with your setup.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I upgraded to a Mojo last year, but my Mondo had a better wave than stock Craz\Mojo when I ran the following:

1) 1100s in the back...but probably only got 900ish lbs.
    2) Up front the 500 Hard Tank + IBS
    3) 500 lbs of lead mostly under seat on surf side(if someone wanted a bit more length...then I might move 150-200 lbs under bow filler cushion)
    4) I took one of the old 650lbs and had it on floor infront of the rear bench seat on the floor.(I wouldn't do this if we had >5 adults in the boat...but it essentially simulates 4 people in the boat)
    5) Regular - Ran 10.8-10.9 with both bags full in rear. 500 lbs of lead under surf side to list boat.
    6) Goofy - Ran a little faster to clean up face at 11.1-11.2 but will drain ~300 lbs out of non surf side to list the boat quite a bit more.
    7) Try and run the wakeplate at 25-30% max and just move lead up front if you want longer less steep wave.
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

I run with the stock 900's in the rear and 500 up front. We can surf with 2 people in the boat but it gets easier for beginners and more forgiving for us with more people. I'm about 180 lbs, 52 years old and surf the Hyperlite Quad (59"). It's a big surf style board that makes it easy to hold the waver. My son's skim style board is a little more work unless we have a bunch of people in the boat. I keep Autowake on most of the time and will move people around before we start to hit the static settings and maybe even fine tune it once we're running to avoid ballast drain. Between runs I always look at my ballasts, fill the ones that drained and move more people towards the one that didn't drain to get the max amplitude. Speed is usually around 10.8. It's only our third year starting now so we're still learning and playing with settings. My son surfs goofy (starboard) and we always have to work to find a good wave for him (moving people mostly).

Quote Originally Posted by jcredible View Post
    I upgraded to a Mojo last year, but my Mondo had a better wave than stock Craz\Mojo when I ran the following:

1) 1100s in the back...but probably only got 900ish lbs.
    2) Up front the 500 Hard Tank + IBS
    3) 500 lbs of lead mostly under seat on surf side(if someone wanted a bit more length...then I might move 150-200 lbs under bow filler cushion)
    4) I took one of the old 650lbs and had it on floor infront of the rear bench seat on the floor.(I wouldn't do this if we had >5 adults in the boat...but it essentially simulates 4 people in the boat)
    5) Regular - Ran 10.8-10.9 with both bags full in rear. 500 lbs of lead under surf side to list boat.
    6) Goofy - Ran a little faster to clean up face at 11.1-11.2 but will drain ~300 lbs out of non surf side to list the boat quite a bit more.
    7) Try and run the wakeplate at 25-30% max and just move lead up front if you want longer less steep wave.
    Finding this all really helpful, thanks for the info. Just trying to dial in my 19 helix , first run with stock ballast I was able to surf without rope but it was a chore . I just ordered 1030s for the rear, forgot I can use the left over 650. I’m assuming you fill with a pump do you need to get new fittings for it? Interesting what you say about length , that more weight up front helps . Oh a little off topic but the bungees on my rack don’t stretch far enough to hold surfboards, wtf? My new rears can’t get here soon enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Bch53211 View Post
    I just ordered 1030s for the rear, forgot I can use the left over 650. I’m assuming you fill with a pump.
    Look at this thread by DNIX. He upgraded the rear ballast and used the stock ballast in the middle, he piggy backed them.A little plumbing work but worth it I think. Nothing against using the external pump, but I think you get a cleaner install and looks better if you plumb the bags by piggybacking to the rears.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....229#post352229
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Hey, Here is a good video on how to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpW_x9MeAQo

I used a heat gun on 1 bag, and ruined it...Hair dryer works better. Then you just buy the appropriate fittings from Wakemakers or your local shop to plug the holes. Depending on the pump you choose, you need a removable fitting for your pump to attach to.
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

Hey Jason, have you been out with this setup yet?
    I have used info from the guys above. i have not had too much time to get dialed in yet, but in the coming days i think i will.

i have the
    900# bags in rear lockers.
    500# lead in rear
    200 under the surf side bag (so far i have only played with regular side)
    200-300 in front of rear bag (0-100) left on the other side
    650# bag from orig rear locker on floor in front of the back seat
    500# tank + 1000 IBS

plate has varied for 0 to 30
    surf plates is at 60 on regular side, left side, (is that the port side? i never remember)

auto wake is off
    have people sit on the surf side, but i have only done this with 3 people in the boat, 2 when surfing.

fill up all the ballast and go.

i am thinking that i want to get a bit more lead, probably 3-400# to put in the rear or move around

I fill the extra bag with a tsunami pump.
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved