Default Shallow boat slip

The place we go is doing construction and we don’t have our dock and lift. We will have to use a boat slip. I have the choice of 2. 1 farther out in the cluster which is in hot territory for seagull poop. It was bad for the people last year. Spot 2 is the 1st slip on the cluster closest to shore. I would have 1 foot of clearance from prop to lake bottom. My mojo draft is 27 1/2 and the depth is about 38 or 39 inches. Just wanted to get your guys opinion if the shallow slip would work? Lake level always stays same and I would not be keeping in the water for long periods of time. Most would be a week maybe 2 max since I don’t want the bottom to get grimed up to bad. Lake bed is soft clay. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

No water level fluctuations, no wake area, no jumping onto the boat, no problem.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Sandy bottom? No problem

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I'd take the first slip. motor out at idle speed.
    we boated with a couple on a shallow lake in stevens point a few years ago. they had to idle out for 2 or 300yards in water barely 6" below the prop. you could see the sand kicking up.

slow and steady got us out and back.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

It’s a no wake zone but off the wake area. Gets choppy but the way the chop rolls in it should die a little since it’s the first slip and have a long dock to absorb. The water gets deeper the next slip over. Thanks guys. I was leaning to the shallow one anyway. I don’t mind precision docking. Lol. I’ll have led in the nose so that should help bring the ass up a hair. I’ve been so spoiled with the lift that this will take some getting use to. I plan on pulling to clean a lot since I’m pretty anal about the boat. Ive always hot sauced it after every weekend. Not sure I can in the water but I’ll find. Way.

Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

I used to park my Mastercraft x2 and my new mondo in about 38" of water. I had no choice it was my shoreline in a bay. I NEVER once had problems. The bottom was mostly muck. At first i just asked most people to go up front to lower the bow and raise the prop a bit as we slowly motored out. Never once did i have a problem. IN the end as long as i tapped and glided, i never had a single issue. I say stay away from the poop and just tap and glide til you are in deeper water.
    2019 Mondo

Should be fine. Our LSV sits in about 38” of water at the boathouse. Just idle
    In and out.