Question GPS Speedometer APP

Ok all you smartest boaters on the water, never have you steered me wrong when I needed advice so I am back to ask for even more.
    I asked the marina to give a price on installing a GPS speedometer while they had it this winter. "It won't be that much" turned into far more than I cared to spend. Thankfully a tech curious about which speedometer I wanted called and let the cat out of the bag that it was, oh slightly more than "not that much".
    Long story short, I don't have time to install one at this point because I don't want to take the boat out of the water, etc. So I'm looking for an Android App that will suffice until I want to make time to do it myself. Don't mind paying for one if it is worth it.
    Thanks again.

Jimm

2004 Moomba Outback LS
    2016 Wrangler JK

I have used one called speedometer for several years. Seems to be fairly accurate as I have compared it with several other devices. Best of all it was free for the basic app. Has large numbers for my old eyes. Good luck.

I use the same one, Speedometer, and i check it against my car from time to time and it seems to be pretty accurate.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by Jimm View Post
    Ok all you smartest boaters on the water, never have you steered me wrong when I needed advice so I am back to ask for even more.
    I asked the marina to give a price on installing a GPS speedometer while they had it this winter. "It won't be that much" turned into far more than I cared to spend. Thankfully a tech curious about which speedometer I wanted called and let the cat out of the bag that it was, oh slightly more than "not that much".
    Long story short, I don't have time to install one at this point because I don't want to take the boat out of the water, etc. So I'm looking for an Android App that will suffice until I want to make time to do it myself. Don't mind paying for one if it is worth it.
    Thanks again.

Jimm
    User avatar level 1 sh0nuff · 4y I use Velociraptor because it overlays on Google maps and ties into speed limits based on roads and areas. It's pretty excellent, and let's you enable audio alerts based on custom overages etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Edadams1 View Post
    I have used one called speedometer for several years. Seems to be fairly accurate as I have compared it with several other devices. Best of all it was free for the basic app. Has large numbers for my old eyes. Good luck.
    I have also used the speedometer for the last 2 years and it was working great.

The last update of Speedometer APP is also great, you should check this too.