Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

IF they have not been replaced its probably the post Cat Sensors. They no longer make them so you have to cut the wire and put a resistor in place to take it out of limp mode.

Do you have a part number for the ignition module. I have a 04 XLV I'm needing to change the module. I wasn't sure if it had to be marine or not.

Quote Originally Posted by treverspence View Post
    Do you have a part number for the ignition module. I have a 04 XLV I'm needing to change the module. I wasn't sure if it had to be marine or not.
    I just replaced the ignition control module on my 04' Supra with the assault 320 TBI. I bought it from Inboard Direct Online, and when I received it the part number crossed over exactly to a Standard Ignition Products module # LX-384. I bought one of those as a backup to carry in the boat as it takes about 10 minutes to change it. Got it from Rock Auto for $47.00 I believe.
    This is the same module that fits most of the Mercruiser, OMC, Volvo 5.7 engines. I have been told by several sources it is not exactly the same as an automotive module, but I didn't design it so I can't verify that one way or the other. I didn't want to take a change and damage the ECM if it wasn't designed for it.

wires from a car would work fine