Default Delay in turning over, fuel pump not turning on.

I have a 2008 Moomba Outback DD. Indmar Assault 325

I bought it as a basket case and resurrected it enough to enjoy the last few years.

In the past I had always noticed the starter didnt always engage or spin right when
    I turned the key. I attributed it to dirty cables, prior salt water abuse from the prior
    owner etc. I worked and i didnt pursue the issue.

Last weekend while at the storage I tried to start it, it would spin but not fire.
    The delay was still there however the starter was noisy and was toasted. Installed
    a new one along with a brand new and well charged battery. I cleaned all of the
    cables on all ends, motor and terminals, put dielectric grease on each prior to reinstalling
    them. No change.

I did notice the fuel pump wasnt priming. I jumped the ground directly to the pump, still no change.
    I then put a hot jumper on the fuel pump, she roared to life. Boat started and runs great except the
    fuel pump stays on. That wont be fun on the water! Fire and water dont mix.

So not being patient enough to wait on a local diagnostic scan til Saturday. I was hoping it wasnt
    a computer.

So I finally look at the 3 relays on the back of the motor on the electronics plate. They are all the
    same part number. Not having any way to scan I decided to number all 3 relays and their corresponding
    harness plug.
    First test, remove all relays make sure to reinstall them in a non matched plug. Fuel pump doesnt charge
    but delay in starter is gone. Tried many times, it spins immediately when the key is turned! Woo Hoo
    Moved the relays 1 more time, the fuel pump primed right away. Stopped when pressure was reached.

I love cheap solutions! 5 pin multi purpose relay 18-19 bucks each at the local auto parts.
    2008 Moomba Outback DD resurrection

Just in case anyone needs the info.
    The original part was an Omron G8W-1C6T-R-DC12
    is available at Oreilly's as Master Pro 2DR1059
    or BWD's R3093.
    All works great now.
    2008 Moomba Outback DD resurrection

Good find. Now your back on the water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk