Hybrid View

Default Wakemakers Moomba Max Bow Bag Install Video

2019' Moomba Max

This is very tempting. I’m overall happy with my wave using 100-200lbs of lead in the bow depending on crew size, but it would be nice to flip a switch instead of moving lead around, and then there’s the added benefit of having all 400lbs of lead in the stern....
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    This is very tempting. I’m overall happy with my wave using 100-200lbs of lead in the bow depending on crew size, but it would be nice to flip a switch instead of moving lead around, and then there’s the added benefit of having all 400lbs of lead in the stern....
    Honestly, I think theres a point where its more about D size, then necessary wave improvement lol. I have some great show off pics, and vids way back on the wave, but were not even good enough to ride back there consistently. It can also be a lot of work back there depending on mechanics, and rider weight lol. I did get some enjoyment out of being the first to do it tho.

I am going to start trying to use autowake more often now, and if it starts turning out a consistent wave, that will be the big plus.
    2019' Moomba Max

What do you mean by D size? Got any pics of the wave with the adds now ballast?
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    What do you mean by D size? Got any pics of the wave with the adds now ballast?
    I mean right now its just "flexing", like Big D syndrome (vulgar) lol. Im running 12mph, and got a nice stretched out wave, but we still suck at surfing LOL. It hasnt improved our skills LOL. I need to stop working on the wave, and focus on my skills....Thats what I mean LOL.

2019' Moomba Max

Oh damn I get it now lol. That last pic the wave looks so nice, big and long!
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Thank you for putting the video together. I am ordering the bow bag but having the legs shortened from 42" to 32" so I can retain a little bit more storage. I was initially on the fence too like z28 because I got away maintaining a 9 degree pitch with only 150lbs lead in the bow and no passengers. But I am still moving the lead back and forth since I trailer the boat, so it will be nice to only use water in front. And all my lead is mid ship except for the 150 in bow, so if I move it under the rear bags I probably will need more weight up front.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max