Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wakemakers Moomba Max Bow Bag Install Video

2019' Moomba Max

This is very tempting. I’m overall happy with my wave using 100-200lbs of lead in the bow depending on crew size, but it would be nice to flip a switch instead of moving lead around, and then there’s the added benefit of having all 400lbs of lead in the stern....
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    This is very tempting. I’m overall happy with my wave using 100-200lbs of lead in the bow depending on crew size, but it would be nice to flip a switch instead of moving lead around, and then there’s the added benefit of having all 400lbs of lead in the stern....
    Honestly, I think theres a point where its more about D size, then necessary wave improvement lol. I have some great show off pics, and vids way back on the wave, but were not even good enough to ride back there consistently. It can also be a lot of work back there depending on mechanics, and rider weight lol. I did get some enjoyment out of being the first to do it tho.

I am going to start trying to use autowake more often now, and if it starts turning out a consistent wave, that will be the big plus.
    2019' Moomba Max

What do you mean by D size? Got any pics of the wave with the adds now ballast?
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    What do you mean by D size? Got any pics of the wave with the adds now ballast?
    I mean right now its just "flexing", like Big D syndrome (vulgar) lol. Im running 12mph, and got a nice stretched out wave, but we still suck at surfing LOL. It hasnt improved our skills LOL. I need to stop working on the wave, and focus on my skills....Thats what I mean LOL.

2019' Moomba Max

Oh damn I get it now lol. That last pic the wave looks so nice, big and long!
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Thank you for putting the video together. I am ordering the bow bag but having the legs shortened from 42" to 32" so I can retain a little bit more storage. I was initially on the fence too like z28 because I got away maintaining a 9 degree pitch with only 150lbs lead in the bow and no passengers. But I am still moving the lead back and forth since I trailer the boat, so it will be nice to only use water in front. And all my lead is mid ship except for the 150 in bow, so if I move it under the rear bags I probably will need more weight up front.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Oh damn I get it now lol. That last pic the wave looks so nice, big and long!
    Yeah, that chocolate river water is deceiving. The river was one of our best days, because it was so smooth. We were able to get way back on the wave there.
    2019' Moomba Max

Did you custom order that bow bag? I do not see that on wakemakers website. This is very intriguing to me as we can’t seem to keep our pitch down anywhere near 9.5 and our landing is so shallow I’ve been nervous about adding any lead.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Moomba Max - Wakemakers upgrade ballast kit (Sold)
    2005 Four Winns 170 Horizon (Sold)

Ask for Bryan the Manager. He is very aware of the bow bag. He CAN customize it for you, but its his design. Some people get it smaller to save space.
    2019' Moomba Max