Default How To Locate The Center of Gravity on a Boat

I'm picking up my Kaiyen this weekend and before I put it in our lake I want to have the bunks on my vertical lift pre adjusted to fit my boat and I need to have the center of gravity in the middle of the lift.

My question is.... is there a way to locate the center of gravity of my boat in relation to where it sits on the trailer?

I understand there should be a minimum of 10 - 15% tongue weight, but would the center of gravity be in the middle of the tandem axles, slightly towards the front axle or another area?

Is there a simple 'standard' or 'rule of thumb' on how to calculate this?
    2020 Moomba Kaiyen > Finally on my lift!
    2017 Moomba Mondo > Traded
    2000 Moomba Kamberra > Traded

SC should have the center of mass on their drawings so give them a call.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    SC should have the center of mass on their drawings so give them a call.
    I was looking for the same info for my 2018 Craz and SC wasn't willing to reach out to the engineering department to get the requested info. They instead told me to call Boatmate. Very disappointed in the customer service, as the center of mass seems like it should by an easy detail to provide, and nothing too proprietary.

I got a new lift installed (Floatair 6000#), and don't like how far off the bunks the back of the boat hangs given the engine weight.

Quote Originally Posted by ncSam View Post
    I was looking for the same info for my 2018 Craz and SC wasn't willing to reach out to the engineering department to get the requested info. They instead told me to call Boatmate. Very disappointed in the customer service, as the center of mass seems like it should by an easy detail to provide, and nothing too proprietary.

I got a new lift installed (Floatair 6000#), and don't like how far off the bunks the back of the boat hangs given the engine weight.
    Why not just adjust your bunks? The center should the center back, a lot lighter in the front.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

A safe estimate is between two axles where the boat sits on trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Why not just adjust your bunks? The center should the center back, a lot lighter in the front.
    The bunks run the full length of the lift frame, so the entire lift would need to be shifted back. My slip is shorter than the boat, so while there isn't much room to slide back, there is a little. The lift dealer/installer says it's installed properly and doesn't want to move it, though, which is what I was trying to verify.

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    A safe estimate is between two axles where the boat sits on trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, this was my rough estimate as well.