Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well I'm finally getting around to improving this ballast system like others have done. I love everything about this kit except it doesn't come with a vent for the midship bags and this has caused me fill headaches ever since installing it. Thanks to those of you on here and the Supra/Moomba Owners group for sharing your insight and tips on adding a vent. Today my fittings and hose arrived from Wakemakers and I decided to make a video explaining the issues and how the vent should hopefully resolve the issue with lots of pressure and nowhere for it to go unless you manually vent the midship, which gets old for sure. That way anyone that runs across this thread will see there is still some improvement that can be made to the Max's WM bag buster kit. I'll have an install video in the coming weeks once I get back down to the boat.

2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Looking forward to the install vid. Hope all goes well.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

link doesn't work for me. Looking forward to seeing how you did the vents. I get some air in my rear bags.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    link doesn't work for me. Looking forward to seeing how you did the vents. I get some air in my rear bags.
    Hmm video should be visible and embedded for you but if not here is the direct link https://youtu.be/MmJYV0QT1ec.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

yea, i can access it from youtube. The vents that are in the top of the wakemakers bag (as well as the oem bags) really don't work at all for me. I still get air trapped in the top of the bag. Does that seem to be the case for most people or are those vents supposed to completely allow all the air to come out without unscrewing them? I can't tell if you are suppose to unscrew them to let the air out or if they are suppose to "auto" vent?
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

You have to loosen them to allow the air to escape. If you look there's a little hole drilled through the threads and once you loosen it a bit it can vent. You then have to tighten them back.
    They suck imo
    Put a vent line in and call it a day
    2020 Supra SA

Thumbs up

This is great timing!! We have a 2018 Max and are waiting for a little warmer weather to pull it from storage to make the upgrade as well. Probably easiest to do this all at once rather than install, pull and then have to fix it. Excited to see the next vid.
    2018 Moomba Max

I know this is an older thread but getting ready to pull the trigger on ordering this kit for my Makai. Quick question - any need to add the side wall stiffeners?

Thanks in advance

I don’t have stiffeners on my 2019 Max. I’ve only had them collapse once and that was I think that happened when my wife took the rollers at a bad angle. That being said it doesn’t hurt to add them and I’ll probably do the same.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

I made some for my 21 Makai. The port side was really popping out bad. And just with stock ballast. Just keep an eye on them. I think when they pop out once, it then begins to happen more often. They tend to keep a slight bow or bend in them.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub