Default Dual Battery Switch / Bilge

I have a 2020 Craz. I’m wondering if the bilge pump will still run if I have my dual battery switch set to Off? Also, how do most people run their boats with dual batteries? Just on 1, or 1+2?

i'm pretty sure that all boats have the bilge wired directly to the battery so it would kick on in case of water in the boat wether the switch is on or off. You can always flip it to on to manually run it.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

It should be, but I would not assume it as a know a few that have not wired the auto bilge battery direct. Mastercraft and Nautique are two examples over the years.

If the bilge pump as the test knob on it, with the switch off, reach in and rotate the knob and see if the pump comes on. If there is no test knob, with the bilge plug(s) in, fill the bilge with water from a garden hose. Pump should come on at least by time the water hits the top of the pump.

How the boat is used on what type of batteries are on each bank, dictate the switch use. The single most important thing to remember, is not to anchor on 1+2 position. 2nd would be to turn the switch to off, prior to using the on-board charger.

Thanks for the tips!

My boat is wired directly to the battery, but I wouldn't assume all are. We've seen subtle wiring differences in these boats - even in the same model year.

On mine, I usually go on and kill the batteries when I pull it on the trailer and the old lady is dragging me up the hill. Once last year (after a week and a half on the water including some rain), i killed them as normal, then when she parked us in a tie down spot and walked to the back for me to hand her things down, BAM bilge pump kicks on and bilge water to the face! Needless to say, it was a bad move for me to laugh out loud...
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead