Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Oil, Tranny, and Trailer question

I am doing an oil change and I have a question about parts.

I have a 2018 Craz

1.) with the cartridge style canister (OIL CARTRIDGE 501022S) and the oil type is 5w30 API rated. Is there any of the self part I can use or is it better to stick with Indmar?

2.) with the tranny oil change I know I have to put transmission Fluid | Indmar 872020-1 in the shifting part and Synthetic ATF Transmission Oil | Indmar 872022-1 in the V-drive part. Are there any substitutes or do you buy the Indmar stuff each time? Besides sucking out the old fluid from the hole and replacing it. Is there anything else I need to do? I saw on here some people talking about pulling a pan out of the bottom. But I felt the bottom side of the tranny (I know phrasing) and I did not feel any pans that could be removed.

3. The trailer my old trailer I had to pump grease into ever year. This system is closed and says maintenance free. (The vault system) Is this true? Besides checking oil pressure and lights what else is needed.

I would appreciate any help and thanks for your time.
    2018 Craz, 3000lbs stock ballast, ENZOs, 500lb Lead Ballast, Still chasing the best wave!

For cartridge filter, I prefer WIX 57186XP or Mann HU719/8

Oil Mobil 1 or Castrol Edge both are full synthetic 5w30 reasonably priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Thanks for the timely reply. The sticker says semi-synthetic would it mess it up to put full synthetic in their?
    2018 Craz, 3000lbs stock ballast, ENZOs, 500lb Lead Ballast, Still chasing the best wave!

Full syn better than semi syn.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I read about people putting Motorcraft Semi Syn from Wally World - easy to get, reasonable price.

I agree with post above, full syn.

2018 Supra SL400

Considering you can get 5qts of Castro’s
    edge full Syn under $20 shipped from amazon, it’s a no brainer.

Indmar semi syn is $44 for 4 qts plus shipping :
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Viscosity is the same, whether synth or regular, they will initially both protect the same. Its the oil molecule degradation rate over time as a result of friction/heat. AT the time of exchange, there will have been less protection afforded by the regular oil during the same period, whereas the full synthetic will have maintained its integrity and a consistent level of protection over a longer period of time. But then again, maybe that's all a bunch of baloney, im not a mechanic, just repeating what I was told.
    That being said, I'd buy the full synth, especially at those prices of amazon, that is a steal.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

If you want to learn about oil, start sending oil samples to black stone labs for analysis, you can learn a lot about the oil you use in n your engine and if it’s working or not.

Been doing it for a long time and learned a lot.

https://www.blackstone-labs.com/?ses...gxs45%29%29%2F

There is nothing in the Raptor 400/440 that is crazy enough to get overly concerned about running full syn (460 and 575 require it)

But again, at the prices you can find, why wouldn’t you?
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 05-10-2020 at 10:05 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Thanks, I bought some full synthetic after your recommendations and reading around a bit.

What about the tranny fluid what off brands do you use for that? And do you just suck it out the dip stick hole?

Also does anyone else have the Vault system on their trailer? It feels really weird not doing maintenance on a trailer.

Thanks for all of the help so far, it is greatly appreciated

I would just run the Indmar trans fluid as it is repackaged Mobil Delvac 1 synthetic SAE50.

The reason is Delvac 1 and other equivalents are typically sold by the gallon for $40-$60.

Indmar sells qts for $14.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan