Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

okay and do you just suck the tranny fluid out of the dipstick hole and refill it?
    2018 Craz, 3000lbs stock ballast, ENZOs, 500lb Lead Ballast, Still chasing the best wave!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowslydder View Post
    okay and do you just suck the tranny fluid out of the dipstick hole and refill it?
    Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Yep, I'm running the Mann HU719/8 filter, Valvoline VR1 Full synthetic 5w30 (I like the inc/phosphorus content for this pushrod motor), and bought Indmar trans fluids on Amazon. Like someone said above, the equivalent "over the counter" stuff only comes in 1 gallon jugs and I didn't want it sitting around the shop for a year for the marginal cost savings.

If you ever loose the part number on the filter, it's the same as any Volvo with a turbo inline 5 cylinder. I had an S60r once, so that's easy for me to remember.

For the trailer, I bleed the brakes once a season (I use the same vacuum extractor that I've got for fluid changes to vacuum bleed brakes), check the pads (the boatmate manual has the cross reference for pads - They're like a front pad off of a Kia or something weird, but I've yet to need those), and check for bearing play with each wheel off of the ground. No maintenance on the bearing lube system until it completely fails - hopefully YEARS down the road. There are pleant of 10 year old trailers running around with Vault systems that are still rocking with no maintenance! This year I noticed one trailer tire more worn that the others. That's not a great sign, not sure what to do there, yet.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Default Oil, Tranny, and Trailer question

The Raptor 6.2 is a single overhead cam engine, not a cam in block pushrod configuration.

I would not go with a high ZDDP content on the Raptor to protect on fouling your catalytic converters. Keep it under 900ppm ZDDP.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 05-13-2020 at 03:36 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Any Raptor Owners running Valvoline VR1 SAE50 in the VDrive? Any other brand is in gallons.

2018 Supra SL400

I would just run the Indmar synthetic Mobil delvac 1 in qts, it only takes 1.25qts and odds are you can only extract 1 qt.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I would just run the Indmar synthetic Mobil delvac 1 in qts, it only takes 1.25qts and odds are you can only extract 1 qt.

Yea, local sc dealer does not carry it. Wanted to change it before the weekend and probably should have ordered it online months ago.

2018 Supra SL400

Thanks for the help, boat is good to go threw a great wave out in lake whatcom. Officially bought an impeller puller after busting the hell out of my knuckles getting that out. Thanks for all of the help!
    2018 Craz, 3000lbs stock ballast, ENZOs, 500lb Lead Ballast, Still chasing the best wave!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowslydder View Post
    Thanks for the help, boat is good to go threw a great wave out in lake whatcom. Officially bought an impeller puller after busting the hell out of my knuckles getting that out. Thanks for all of the help!
    Find any deals on the impeller puller?
    2018 Supra SL400