Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default what should i pay? gravity game ed.

hi guys i appologize for this thread. you probally see alot of them from noobs like me. i have been eyeing the moomba gravity game xlv edition boat for a year or so now and im in the position to finally pull the triger an get one. my question is what should i pay? i priced a boat out on the internet and got what i thought was a resonable base price $42,600. however when i contacted the 2 moomba dealers around me they quoted me prices MUCH higher. one dealer wanted $58,900 for the boat. i dont see how they can have $16k in add-ons, fees, ect... what is a resonable price to pay for this boat? how do you talk down stubborn dealers?

That does seem like a lot, but I'm sure with canvas packages(covers, biminis, etc) upgrades to the stereo, and tower, and trailer it can get to be higher. If you want one the way you want it, Order it that way. You will need to wait a few months to have it built, but you will get exactly what you want for the price you want. The dealers are not marking things up, they just add-on stuff you may not want. Get just the stuff you want, and pay accordingly.

-Joe

Hmmmm... I sense a poll...

Joe's got it right. Your best bet is to price one out with exactly the items you need. Pricing one boat versus another is hard to do because there are varibles that affects the price such as the options. I live in area that sells everything for above book value so I often have to go to other places to buy. If the $43K boat is what you want then drive there and you check it out or find other means to have it checked out by someone in the area. Set up the finances before you go. If it is too far and everything checks out then you can have the boat shipped. I think people were talking about $2K to ship a boat. Still, it is cheaper than the price at your end.

I bought my Moomba on a 250 mile drive to Portland Oregon but I spent hours researching the boat, looking at pictures sent and pricing it out. The boat was used and I was buying from a Moomba dealer and the price was $3K below low book which made it difficult since I couldn't see any problems from looking at the pictures. I went there and the boat ran fine and the boat looked good with some rust spots on the trailer. I secured a loan through the Moomba dealer and they didn't process it and waited for my local bank check to arrive in about 3-4 days.

I purchased a new motorcycle over the internet and had it shipped to my door for 25% less (including the shipping costs) than the local dealer which happens to be the Moomba dealer here also. When I purchase items, I like a competitive market and I put the dealers in that market whether they want to be there or not. I buy locally if the price is fairly close as there is a risk to purchasing long distance. Good luck and tell us how it goes.

Looks like the XLV starts at 42600 on the website. I know the dealers have some room to work. We bought a 07 LSV and our base price started 3 grand lower than the website said. Our dealer said the website is over priced. We also got a lot of extras thrown in for free (tower speakers, appearance package) It took a little dealing but dont be scared to make an offer. We low balled them not thinking they would bite and they did almost right away. Makes me think we should of went even lower.

im kinda in no mans land so im going to have to travel to get the boat anyways. i might just do as you say have them build me a boat and spec it out my way. im going friday to the dealer and hopefully working something out.

Why not price the dealer's boat with the options he has on the web site and see exactly what he is doing? Then you will have an idea of what he is trying to make and can deal with him from there.

The "boat builder" function of this site does not work on the GG edition XLV . Strange.

-J

I talked to my dealer on friday and asked him how much the gravity games boat he had was. $65,000 is what he told me. After I got up off the ground I said, "What?" He told me that on the boat he had, you couldn't add any other options, it had everthing. $58,000 might not be unreasonable depending on the options on the boat.

I just purchased my 07 GG this weekend. From what I'm reading I think I got an ok deal.

I paid $49791 out the door for:

07 XLV GG
    Bimini
    Docking Lights
    Cast Pop-up cleats
    am/fm cd
    Wakeplate
    Gravity III Ballast
    Wakeboard Rack
    Guidepole Covers
    Logo Cover
    Detachable tower feet

It seems it all depends on what your specific market will bare. From what I've seen west coast dealers are starting at the website base price. It looks like the plain states and east coast may run a little less - could be transportation costs have some impact. I'm in the northwest trying to negotiate base and so far no response.