Default Upgrade Cabin Speakers

Looking into upgrading my Cabin speakers. I have factory for what came in a 13 moomba Lsv. No amp,

Looking in between Jl Audio M3 and Wetsounds recon, But open into other good brands.

I will be adding amp when i upgrade from factory too

Everyone loves exile anything but without a amp it might not be worth it. I’m running marine kickers and they sound great. JL would be a close second to kicker for me.

Exile has excellent stuff and their customer service is great.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

I would first come up with a short list based on the speaker's marine build quality. Features like an enclosed v's exposed magnet, composite basket v's stamped steel, encapsulated cross-over v's open to the elements. Pigtail speaker leads or fixed terminals v's old school spade terminals mounted on cardboard like piece riveted to the basket. Gasket on the back side of the basket for a better seal against the mounting surface. Just some things that some apart from others. Most offer LEDs, which are built in at the time of speaker assembly, so they are their own model number. No add-on to be done by consumer or warehouse at time of order.

After that, I would try to get a demo of those you are interested in. The Wet sounds Recon-6, JL M3 and Kicker KM654 are all good sounding speakers, but you need to hear for your self.