Default 2010 Outback V Won't Start

Last fall before pulling my boat out for winterizing it would not start. We had used it all season with no issues. I winterized the boat and decided to figure out the no start issue this spring. Note - at the beginning of last season I had a new starter and alternator installed. The battery has been on trickle charge all winter and is only 2 years old. I reinstalled the battery and made sure the connections were properly tightened. Still no start. I checked all circuit breakers including the 30 amp at the engine. When I turn the key on I hear one click and that is it. I checked the kill switch and throttle neutral switch. I verified the ignition switch is working with a multi-meter. I checked for 12 volts on the ignition wire to the starter when the key is turned and no 12 volts. I pulled and reset the starter relay in the engine fuse panel. Still no start. The starter never engages. I am thinking it must be the starter relay in the fuse panel. Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.

Ugh. Changed the starter and alternator for nothing. That had to hurt. Are you sure the kill switch isn’t jacked? Also a lot of people have reported the ignition switch as going faulty. You should try to hot wire the. Switch and see if that works and also bypass the kill switch.

Process of elimination before you start throwing parts at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Well - I had to change the starter and alternator because my boat collected water that damaged both of them while on the trailer under cover. Should have pulled the drain plug. Hard lesson learned. Anyway - I had to change the ignition switch about 5 years ago. Even though it tested okay with a multi-meter you never know. Wouldn't hurt to rule that out with a new switch. Thanks.