Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Nice drone shots. This was on Conroe? We saw some people out there a few weeks ago in a green max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes. I'm out there all the time. My boat stays at EZ. Usually, you'll find me at Palm filling up, or surfing north of 1097 in the cove. Yesterday we surfed the whole lake tho. I cherish those days. They're so rare.
    2019' Moomba Max

Look for old blue moomba LSV, my dad lives in Walden so he’s out all the time. I’ll be out of town until July so my Mojo will be no where in sight.

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Look for old blue moomba LSV, my dad lives in Walden so he’s out all the time. I’ll be out of town until July so my Mojo will be no where in sight.

July? That sucks. Ill definitely keep an eye out.
    2019' Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by DNIXD99 View Post

Nice pics! Next time out you should take a side shot of the wave from a lower POV so I can get a good idea on the size and height of your wave. It looks super long! How long or big do you think the surf pocket is?
    Last edited by haknslash; 05-19-2020 at 06:52 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Nice long surf wave, what is your set up and settings
    Last edited by Sickpainter; 05-19-2020 at 07:25 PM.

I’ll be out of town until July so my Mojo will be no where in sight.

Sucks when that travel-work-thing is getting in the way of summer fun, but it pays the bills.
    I did the weekly trips on planes (M-Th or M-F) for many years, but home on weekends.
    Your scenario is different than mine.
    2018 Supra SL400

Mark, you gonna share some more photos of that sweet sweet Gatorstep you put in your ride??

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Sucks when that travel-work-thing is getting in the way of summer fun, but it pays the bills.
    I did the weekly trips on planes (M-Th or M-F) for many years, but home on weekends.
    Your scenario is different than mine.
    Yeah it especially shitty right now due to covid-19. I normally do a 4 week rotation, 4 on and 4 off but since there is not commercial air travel to Guyana at the moment we are having to fly charters which apparently gets expensive. Combine that with what we have to do to get around the Guyanese government travel ban and we are doing 2 weeks of quarantine at a hotel in Houston, 6 weeks on the rig working, and 4 weeks off. Hopefully after one 12 week cycle we can get back to normal.

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Nice pics! Next time out you should take a side shot of the wave from a lower POV so I can get a good idea on the size and height of your wave. It looks super long! How long or big do you think the surf pocket is?
    First....Hell NO LOL Low water drone shots are for the Pros, and the Rich. Its one of the scariest things to do (for me anyway). Even at 50 feet, you still have to turn the bottom sensors off, because theyll pick up reflections off the water. Then you add wind in the mix, ect ect. The closer you get, the less room for error. NOPE...not this guy LOL I do plan on using a selfie stick with the gopro soon, but I need to get some floats for it first.

Honestly, the best tell of an incredible wave, is a video of a min 170lb rider getting way back on the wave, and surfing back to the sweet spot. If there on a skim board, its even better. Anyone can get a great Pic with the right angle, videos with no surfer, or a kid surfing. My 10yr old can surf 30 feet back on stock ballast, and Ill get that perfect angle of him doing it

That being said, I really dont know. Id just be guessing. I run slower on Conroe, because the water is not as smooth, or consistent there, so I go for a taller wave with more push, to help with the bumps/bouncing. I feel like I have a nice 15-20' surfable pocket. Theres plenty of room. On the River, prob 25-50% more, because its so much smoother. but Ive recently started running slower all around. You realize nobody is utilizing the wave 30' back. except to occasionally recover. Everyone wants to be in the sweet spot, with the most push. You just need a big enough pocket to pump, and gain some speed for a trick. Or in our case....Attempt a trick LOL.

When you were running 10mph, did you actually surf the wave, or did you only look at it from the back of the boat? Back of the boat shots can be deceiving too. It can look like a really short wave, but when you surf it, its actually a surfable wave. A nice 10' wave is better than a 15' no push wave lol. I always start my session in the flats, with the rope, and just look at the wave. You can usually tell if it has a lot of power. If it looks weak to me, I always tell the driver to slow down. 99% of the time when I make changes, its slowing my speed. I shoot for Push first, then Length. Length is pointless if its not surfable. Sometimes you just have to take what the day offers you. I dont let it frustrate me anymore. Consistency is really tough.
    Last edited by DNIXD99; 05-19-2020 at 10:28 PM.
    2019' Moomba Max

Yeah it especially shitty right now due to covid-19. I normally do a 4 week rotation, 4 on and 4 off but since there is not commercial air travel to Guyana at the moment we are having to fly charters which apparently gets expensive. Combine that with what we have to do to get around the Guyanese government travel ban and we are doing 2 weeks of quarantine at a hotel in Houston, 6 weeks on the rig working, and 4 weeks off. Hopefully after one 12 week cycle we can get back to normal.

The good news is, you now have someone to hang out with on the lake, during the week, when your home. Im self-employed. We prefer weekdays on Conroe.
    2019' Moomba Max