Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Default May 2020 picture thread

Well today was bittersweet. First I get to my dealer just to pick up the boat from winter shrink wrap storage but when I get there they tell me they had time to go ahead and summarize it instead of having to bring it back next weekend. Sweet! Load the boat on the truck and head to drop it off at my parents house. Get there to inspect my interior and replacement seat cushion only to remove the cover and see a nasty dent / groove in the engine hatch upholstery. Looks like it was from a strap or string used by the dealer to supposed the shrink wrapping. I would imagine this would normally get a piece of fabric or cardboard to protect the upholstery but there was none . I’m sure my dealer will take care of it and hoping they can just replace it with a 2020 engine hatch instead with the gatorstep pad on top.

40ECB116-4D96-40C4-851A-459053054756.jpg

9B1AE467-7A18-47C5-B7D8-439F70088F99.jpg

83282251-4CE8-4E19-AE9C-3B38AD6C61E1.jpg

Oh well tried to stay positive and race against the sunset to install my new Wakemakers kit because we are hitting the water first thing tomorrow and I wanted to test out the new wave. I start removing the rear bags and then open the Wakemakers boxes only to realize one of the bags is not for a Max . Damn but me right in the feels lol. I’ve already talked to WM and they apologized and feel bad. They are shipping me a bag on a Monday but I’d be lying if I wasn’t a bit bummed about the bag and then of course the ugly groove dent in my engine hatch.

F431BA1E-3AB9-4CA1-BF36-C9481F5AAC1F.jpg

1D46FCEC-3E2F-4C32-A8AA-FCDF7012D3FB.jpg

Oh well it will all get taken care of. 2020 has been shitty so far so I’m just glad to be finally hitting the water and out of this damn house!
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Bright side is I got my baby back and not feels great! I am glad I put damprid in all of my compartments and kept my cushions at home. I had water in several of the containers and made sure my boat was super dry and clean when I winterized it. That stuff always seem to suck moisture from seemingly dry areas and is an amazing product! No mold and boat smells as new as it did when I got her last year. Smells like Skiers Choice when you pull in the parking lot and have that hint of new fiberglass and vinyl lol.

Now I just need my storage building completed hopefully in the next week. Until then going to keep it stored outside at my parents house. I’ll be glad to not have to trailer but maybe 5 mins to the water once our unit is built!!

She needs a bath but I don’t even care. We are hitting water tomorrow and I’ll just wipe her down while relaxing under the sun.

976A4F25-5498-40B8-9597-8B75F5E4EAC5.jpg

27F9B7F4-FDC5-446F-AC4F-B15378DEF884.jpg
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

I saw this on FB. That sucks. Too bad youre not closer, I could of loaned you a bag, till they sent you a new one.
    2019' Moomba Max

Yea it sucks but what can ya do? I honestly should have just installed one side of the kit so at least I could get some list and bigger wave than stock on that side but oh well. We are packing up and about to hit the road to get on the lake!
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Load that ballast until the deck sinks

Ballast unloaded, no wake plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My faith in the Max was restored today. I was starting to get worried but I was able to get a decent wake out of it with everyone's help and tips. Thank you!May 2 Surf Wave.jpg
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by htfit View Post
    My faith in the Max was restored today. I was starting to get worried but I was able to get a decent wake out of it with everyone's help and tips. Thank you!May 2 Surf Wave.jpg
    Nice. Best boat for the money IMO. If I could figure out how to turn the bow into a pickle fork, itd be perfect lol
    2019' Moomba Max

We got out today and it was great. Lots of debris in the lake though and more people than I’ve ever seen so it was a washing machine for the majority of the lake. We did scope out some secluded coves off the main channel to mark for surf locations. On the way back something happened and we start to get vibration and a low bass kind of drone sound. When I pulled the boat out at the launch I was expecting to see a damaged prop but it looked fine to my naked eye. Going to inspect it further tomorrow and take it to a close by small lake to see if it vibrates again. Happens as I have it rpm past 10 mph and was really prevalent around 16 mph. Hoping it was just a twig or something wrapped on the prop and came off before we retrieved. Either way it was great to get out of the house for once and finally on the water!

2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Default May 2020 picture thread

Nice! I have had some weird cavitation vibes if the lake is really choppy. Although... we were out cruising a couple of nights ago (luckily in a no wake zone) and had a Very hard thud on the prop. Never had this happen before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that’s one to go fishing!!

Update on my boat: inspected the prop and shaft and noticed light scratches on the shaft and some scratches in the gelcoat above the shatter where it goes into the hull. Guessing something wrapped around it and looks like metal maybe so my guess is ani ran over someone’s stupid trot line and it wrapped around my shaft. I inspected the prop really good and no nicks or dings. Took it to the nearest lake for a test run and the boat ran great and no vibration. I’m guessing whatever was wrapped around my shaft fell off when we docked or when I pulled the boat out of the water. Glad it doesn’t seem to be shaft out of alignment! Looks like I dodged a bullet.

2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold