Thread: vinyl repair

Default vinyl repair

Has anyone tried to math vinyl upholstery on their Moomba. I was driving and the left rear seat cushion flew out. It was run over and now has visible damage. Still usable Someone told me I would never find a perfect match and would have to redo the whole thing some day to have it all match.
    Question is : Has anyone ever tried ordering vinyl directly from Moomba?
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Joplin, Missouri / Shell Knob-Tablerock Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    Has anyone tried to math vinyl upholstery on their Moomba. I was driving and the left rear seat cushion flew out. It was run over and now has visible damage. Still usable Someone told me I would never find a perfect match and would have to redo the whole thing some day to have it all match.
    Question is : Has anyone ever tried ordering vinyl directly from Moomba?
    I had to replace the back seat in the 2013
    Mojo last year call a dealer with your vin and SC can sent you a sewn skin pull the old off and stretch the new one on and staple it up. Best match ever!
    Josh
    2013 Mojo
    1999 Outback "Sold"

Awesome, I'll try that. Thanks.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 F150 Lariat

Agree, SC will send exact fabric for your upholstery shop to use, or send you a new cushion skin.

Upholstery shops are typically cheaper as the SC skins are $$, but the fabric from SC Is reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Joplin, Missouri / Shell Knob-Tablerock Lake

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Agree, SC will send exact fabric for your upholstery shop to use, or send you a new cushion skin.

Upholstery shops are typically cheaper as the SC skins are $$, but the fabric from SC Is reasonable.

No on the $$,,,,It was so reasonable knowing it matched 100% it was a no brainer. The material cost versus the skin was completely reasonable. I chased the material cost down before I ordered. The skin was 100% on and all said and done no one knows any else,,, matches perfectly. They guys at SC after I ordered the skin were fantastic to let me know where it was in getting it done is why I keep buying from them and not some other boat manufacturer. Shout out to them at SC and
    all Moomba/Supra boats.
    Josh
    2013 Mojo
    1999 Outback "Sold"

Quote Originally Posted by TRLMoomba View Post
    No on the $$,,,,It was so reasonable knowing it matched 100% it was a no brainer. The material cost versus the skin was completely reasonable. I chased the material cost down before I ordered. The skin was 100% on and all said and done no one knows any else,,, matches perfectly. They guys at SC after I ordered the skin were fantastic to let me know where it was in getting it done is why I keep buying from them and not some other boat manufacturer. Shout out to them at SC and
    all Moomba/Supra boats.
    Glad it was reasonable, my case was not.

Small cut on drivers seat bolster., seat skin from SC was $500+ install labor, ordered factory fabric from SC, local upholstery shop repaired it, 100% match $125 total.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Just an update. I called SC and then my dealer, They are ordering me the skin only for the port side rear corner cushion. I can install it myself. 190$. I am very satisfied with this price. It'll take 4-6 weeks, but that's OK. Too bad I wont be able to install it as the SL will be here in 2 weeks. I wanted to have it all fixed and looking pretty before trade in. Oh, well, the dealer ordering it is where I got the SL, they can install it.

Thanks for this info. I thought I was going to have to go to a local upholstery shop and get charged up the nose for this. This saved me a lot of grief.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 F150 Lariat